Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Pro 4 2 Camera Kit Trial Subscription only allows for 1 Camera?

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
DKwekSG
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi,

I recently purchased a 2 camera kit for Arlo Pro 4, and it comes with the trial subscription to Arlo Secure.

However, I noticed that under Settings|Smart Notifications, I cannot select more than 1 camera to be active, even though the box is for 2 cameras. Likewise, I can only arm 1 camera, not 2.

Can I just confirm that the trial subscription for the 2 camera kit is only for 1 camera and not both cameras? And the only way I can arm both cameras and have both recording during this trial period is to subscribe?

4 REPLIES 4
Dannybear
Master
Master

Not sure where the single camera only for the trial came from.

Might be worth reading a previous thread.

https://community.arlo.com/t5/Arlo-Essential-Wire-Free-Cameras/Free-3-month-trial/m-p/1858898 

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@DKwekSG wrote:

Can I just confirm that the trial subscription for the 2 camera kit is only for 1 camera and not both cameras? And the only way I can arm both cameras and have both recording during this trial period is to subscribe?

You should be seeing two trial single-camera subscriptions - one for each camera.

You could try support.  Go into the support area of the app, and select the camera that is on the subscription.  Scroll down to "contact" and you should see a phone option there.

DKwekSG
Aspirant
Aspirant

Let me explain a bit further a possible complication that might have resulted in this issue...

1. I have my own arlo cctv network in my home, with 1 camera and my own personal arlo trial (3 months)

2. My friend wanted me to help him with 2 cameras for his own home, he is not tech savvy, let's call his home2.

3. I brought his twin pack to my home and remembering my experience with a long delay in setting up firmware, thought I could set up 1 camera (from his twin pack) in my  home first. I went through the registration stages to connect to my home network, and then did a factory reset (pressing the button inside the casing until 3 amber flashes occurred), and returned this camera back to the box.

4. It is THIS camera that seems to have an issue with the trial being not recognised. 

I wonder if it is because somehow it was registered to my own arlo trial and hence will not register with another user with a separate home2 network and trial?

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@DKwekSG wrote:

I wonder if it is because somehow it was registered to my own arlo trial and hence will not register with another user with a separate home2 network and trial?

Yes.  After you activated the trial for the camera in your account, it cannot be activated again in another account.

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation