Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras

Discussion stats
  • 8 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Arlostinksbad
Aspirant
Aspirant

So your telling me without a subscription my pro4 won't let me view them but my pro1 will? Right now only pro1 I can view and pro4 I cannot without a subscription. This is bad!!!!!

8 REPLIES 8
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Arlostinksbad wrote:

So your telling me without a subscription my pro4 won't let me view them but my pro1 will?

Arlo legacy cameras (like the Pro 1) came with 7-day free cloud storage, that Arlo continues to provide.

Current models (starting wth the Ultra back in 2018) were not sold with that feature, and require a subscription to get any cloud storage.  That includes the Pro 4 camera.

Arlostinksbad
Aspirant
Aspirant

Listen, my old pro1 I don't need cloud at all. I can view history anywhere! New pro 4 I cannot. Pro 4 you have a base station newer then the 4000. But then only one person can view local storage. Pro1 I have 7 days free viewing. I'm going slam arlo on this on all my platforms. This is highway robbery.

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Arlostinksbad wrote:

Listen, my old pro1 I don't need cloud at all. 

I understand why you might think that, but you are wrong.

All the footage you see in the app (and at my.arlo.com) is stored in the Arlo Cloud.  

Arlostinksbad
Aspirant
Aspirant

Let me ask, so I just put my old cameras back up and removed my SD card from base station 4000 and can still view all the events happening now without my SD card in it. Pro 4 you cannot. Pro 4 is junk. Even the quality difference is not by much. Wasted my money and I'll make dang sure every Tom, nicking and Harry will know not to get arlo pro 4. Pro 1 yes pro 4 nooooooooo.

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Arlostinksbad wrote:

removed my SD card from base station 4000 

If you have a microSD card slot in your base, then you must have a VMB5000.  Can you confirm what model base you have???  FWIW, there is a label on it that starts with VMB.

@Arlostinksbad wrote:

, so I just put my old cameras back up and removed my SD card from base station 4000 and can still view all the events happening now without my SD card in it.

Correct.  That's because they are stored in the Arlo Cloud.

@Arlostinksbad wrote:

Pro 4 you cannot. 

As I said, the pro 4 requires a subscription for cloud storage.

But if you have a VMB5000, then direct access to local storage is a feature you might be interested in.  But first let's confirm your base.

Arlostinksbad
Aspirant
Aspirant

So your telling me pro 1 has FREE cloud storage? I don't have subscription. But pro 4 you have to get subscription for any playback?

My base station is VMB4000 HDMI SD.  I know the VMB5000 you can have playback on local but tye grant user cannot view it only the primary. Correct?

Arlostinksbad
Aspirant
Aspirant

Also I just read that arlo pro 1 will not have free 7 day cloud storage after April 1st 2023. I might just throw the whole dang system away. Pretty sad!

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

Note I don't work for Arlo.

@Arlostinksbad wrote:

My base station is VMB4000 HDMI SD. 

Don't know what you mean by HDMI SD.  The VMB4000 supports USB storage (either a thumb drive or an SSD).

@Arlostinksbad wrote:

So your telling me pro 1 has FREE cloud storage?

Yes. 

@Arlostinksbad wrote:

But pro 4 you have to get subscription for any playback?

Again, yes.

@Arlostinksbad wrote:

I know the VMB5000 you can have playback on local but tye grant user cannot view it only the primary. 

That's right.  There are several other restrictions too.

Discussion stats
  • 8 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation