Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo PRO 4 Delay in Connecting (once setup)

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Admiral78
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have my Pro 4 setup without issue on my house (no base station, direct to my WiFi). Now after having it setup, I'm finding it taking 1-2 minutes for my app to connect to the camera no matter what I do. The camera has a very strong connection to my router as it's only about 5-10 feet away with no obstructions. Once it does connect I have no issues just looking at the LIVE feed. Is there something that can be done to speed this up? I've had other camera products that is able to load up the LIVE feed much faster.

Thanks!

4 REPLIES 4
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Bring the camera closer to your router to see if that makes a difference.

Admiral78
Aspirant
Aspirant

I can't bring it much closer, it's within 5 ft of the router already. It's not a connection problem because once connected there is no issue. Just going through the app takes forever for it to connect.

Admiral78
Aspirant
Aspirant

Actually after some more testing today. I've found if connecting to the camera for the first time through the app, it takes around 1 minute or so to pull up the LIVE feed. If the app was open already and you try to re-connect, I've waited upwards of 4+ mins before shutting the app down and relaunching it. It shouldn't be this delayed in connecting to the camera.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

What happens if you use the web client to test? Have you rebooted the phone and reinstalled the app? What's your upload speed?

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation