Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo 4 - false detections at 1 sensitivity

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
ArBengal
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have a single camera that is detecting non existent motion. I have reduced the sensitivity to 1 to no avail. Also taken the camera off the app and reinstalled. Activity zone placed at an absolute minimum. Customer service has not been able to help. Any ideas?

4 REPLIES 4
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@ArBengal wrote:
I have a single camera that is detecting non existent motion. I have reduced the sensitivity to 1 to no avail. Also taken the camera off the app and reinstalled. Activity zone placed at an absolute minimum. Customer service has not been able to help. Any ideas?

How often is this happening?  Sometimes the PIR sensors might trigger, even with nothing visible in the field of view.  But this shouldn't be happening often (especially with sensitivity set to 1).

If this is happening very frequently, I'd first try moving the camera to a different spot - confirming that it is a camera problem, and not something odd happening at the location.

Assuming it is the camera (which seems the most likely possibility), I'd ask support for an RMA.

ArBengal
Aspirant
Aspirant
I have verified that it happens even when inside the home. Battery lasting a day only. I can’t get any response from customer support after my first inquiry. Are they just non responsive?
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@ArBengal wrote:
I have verified that it happens even when inside the home. Battery lasting a day only. I can’t get any response from customer support after my first inquiry. Are they just non responsive?

Perhaps @JamesC, @Mark_V,  or one of the other Arlo folks can help you escalate the case.  They'll want the case number.

ArBengal
Aspirant
Aspirant
Case number is 42604531. If they could help I would be very grateful. I bought two separate systems for 2 different locations and all are working properly but this single camera.
Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation