Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo 4 Pro - local WiFi without internet

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
USASilverback
Aspirant
Aspirant

We have a number of these units on our farm and have been very pleased with them.  We are quite rural, and my question is this...  If our fiber internet service were to fail, can we use our cameras and see them and be alerted to movement etc...  This would be very very helpful to watch over our livestock should that happen.  We currently have reliable internet, I'd just like to have a plan or way to access these via our local WiFi network we put out over our whole farm. 

Thanks in advance for the help and ideas 

4 REPLIES 4
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Since Arlo is cloud-based, loss of Internet would cause notifications, etc. to fail. One thing you could do is to buy a router that has a backup Internet access capability using cell service. That way, if the main connection fails, the router can switch to the other connection. I have never actually used one of these so can't provide specific details but the various router manufacturers should provide the needed info.

USASilverback
Aspirant
Aspirant

That is not a desirable option...  I remote hub ( I think that's what they called it ) would be alright, but I'd still love to be able to get notifications to our phone while we are on-site and connected to the same network. 

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@USASilverback wrote:

but I'd still love to be able to get notifications to our phone while we are on-site and connected to the same network. 

Unfortunately, Arlo doesn't provide a way to do what you want.

USASilverback
Aspirant
Aspirant

😞   that stinks, it'd be great if they added that option...  It seems it wouldn't take a lot to make it happen...  If you're into software/programming

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation