Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo 4 Model VMC4350p-1bynas

Discussion stats
  • 8 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
Dianne-C
Aspirant
Aspirant

Bought three cameras last November. Arlo cameras were highly recommended by friends. We haven't had any issues until about 10 days ago when two of the cameras went offline. I was able to get one online but wasn't able to get the second one online. Spent hours going back and forth with online help and they kept giving me a case #. Finally they sent me a new camera. I received it today. Installed it it isn't capturing when someone goes by the camera at the time of movement. I called Arlo and the person I spoke to was extremely rude and said he would have a technician get back to me.  Arlo called me and said that I now have to buy Monitor Security because security has expired. This is the first time I have heard about this. Is this something new and required in order to have these cameras? I feel like I have been scammed. Note: NOTHING is now coming into the library where before the call two of the cameras did.

8 REPLIES 8
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Dianne-C wrote:

I called Arlo and the person I spoke to was extremely rude and said he would have a technician get back to me.  Arlo called me and said that I now have to buy Monitor Security because security has expired. 

How did you find the number to call?  You reached a scam support site.

https://kb.arlo.com/000062119/How-can-I-avoid-Arlo-support-scams

Dianne-C
Aspirant
Aspirant

I am not sure how to contact them to get a live person. When I go into my app Support there isn't a phone number it is greyed out. Do you have any suggestions? I have sent an update to my case number, but I am not sure they have received it.

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Dianne-C wrote:

I am not sure how to contact them to get a live person. When I go into my app Support there isn't a phone number it is greyed out. Do you have any suggestions? I have sent an update to my case number, but I am not sure they have received it.

Phone support requires a subscription - my guess is that you don't have one.

@JamesC and @ShayneS might be able to get an update on your case - though they'd need your case number.

Dianne-C
Aspirant
Aspirant

We have a subscription. We pay monthly.

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Dianne-C wrote:

We have a subscription. We pay monthly.

Are you using the primary account?  Or are you using a "friend" account?

You need to be looking for the support options using the primary account.

Dianne-C
Aspirant
Aspirant

I only have a primary account.

Dianne-C
Aspirant
Aspirant

I only have a primary account. Until ten days ago everything worked perfectly. Then suddenly two of three cameras went offline. One camera never worked again. Arlo sent me a new camera, received it yesterday. Installed it and I can no longer see the video of any motion on any camera.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Dianne-C,

If you live stream that camera, does it allow you to manually record?

If you try viewing the library using a different device, do you see recordings?

JamesC

Discussion stats
  • 8 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation