Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

2nd Camera went offline, now won't reconnect to wi-fi

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
BruceMandel
Aspirant
Aspirant

My backdoor camera (2nd) camera went offline.  I took that moment to take down Cam 1 and Cam 2 to charge up their batteries.  After charging Cam1 was still connected, but when I try and re-connect Cam 2 to my wi-fi, it won't do it.  I get the chime after scanning the code on my phone, but my wi-fi just can't find the camera.  It was hooked up and running for almost a year with no problems.  I saw a guy on YouTube say it's the battery, so I bought a new battery (charged it 100%) but I still can not connect Cam 2.  Where do I go from here?  I was getting ready to ad (2) more cameras, but now I'm thinking moving over to another company if I can't get this working.  BTY, I'm 4 feet away from the wi-fi router and still won't connect. HELP!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
BruceMandel
Aspirant
Aspirant

Phone tech support helped me.  I was only holding the reset button long enough for the blue to flash, when all I had to do was hold it down longer for the orange light to flash first.  Then I just wnet through the prompts on the phone and was connected in about 10 seconds.  Problem solved.  The tech also told me I had to re-establish the connection to watch the recordings (which I though might have been automatic) to allow me to use the annual service I pay for.  So everything is up and working.  (one last thing) I had to go into Alexa and re set it up, so that when the camera is alerted, Alexa will tell me through my Alexa system through my house.  Good luck!

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@BruceMandel wrote:

After charging Cam1 was still connected, but when I try and re-connect Cam 2 to my wi-fi, it won't do it.  I get the chime after scanning the code on my phone, but my wi-fi just can't find the camera.  

Things to try:

1. Disable 5 gHz WiFi (and 6 gHz if you have it ) in your router, and then try again,  Obviously re-enable the bands when you are done.
  2. Try using a PC instead of a phone
  3. If the camera is still in the account,  then perhaps try removing it before on-boarding again.
arloaccount
Aspirant
Aspirant

Same issue.  One of my Arlo Pro 4's chimes and got through one time to check firmware and nothing needed.  Then lost signal from maybe 15 feet away again.  OFFLINE.

Tried PC and phone.

Turned off 5ghz on router.  

Factory reset Arlo Pro 4 a few times.

Battery says fully charged and I charged it again to be safe.  

This is frustrating and I have wasted hours messing around with it.  

If this is a known issue then should be easy to find on Arlo site so we don't all waste our time trying to fix their issue. 

BruceMandel
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hey, the call center (I found their phone number in the app itself, it's not on their website) helped me.  I was doing one thing wrong.  I didn't have to shut down my 5Ghz wi-fi (because it was on when I first hooked them up)  After inserting the battery I was holding down the reset button only long enough for the blue light to start flashing.  The guy on the phone told me to keep holding it down until the "orange" light came on.  Once the orange light came on, I followed the prompts and it hooked up in less than 10 seconds.  "also" I wasn't aware, but the guy on the phone also told me that I had to re-link my camera to the internet plan that I have.  That is in settings also.  If what I have just posted doesn't help you then go into your app and find their phone number and call tech support.  The only bad thing is that the call center is in India and it it sometimes hard to understand them.  

BruceMandel
Aspirant
Aspirant

Phone tech support helped me.  I was only holding the reset button long enough for the blue to flash, when all I had to do was hold it down longer for the orange light to flash first.  Then I just wnet through the prompts on the phone and was connected in about 10 seconds.  Problem solved.  The tech also told me I had to re-establish the connection to watch the recordings (which I though might have been automatic) to allow me to use the annual service I pay for.  So everything is up and working.  (one last thing) I had to go into Alexa and re set it up, so that when the camera is alerted, Alexa will tell me through my Alexa system through my house.  Good luck!

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation