Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras

Are the wall mounts that come included in the Arlo Pro 4 kit?

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
PenGo
Aspirant
Aspirant

Are the wall mounts that come included in the Arlo Pro 4 kit, the same as the magnetic wall mounts?

5 REPLIES 5
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@PenGo wrote:

Are the wall mounts that come included in the Arlo Pro 4 kit, the same as the magnetic wall mounts?

Kits generally come with a mix of magnetic mounts and screw mounts (for instance, a 2-camera kit will usually have one of each).

PenGo
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thank you. I'm buying one camera so how can I know which one I will get? Is there any way to request one or the other?

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@PenGo wrote:

Thank you. I'm buying one camera so how can I know which one I will get? Is there any way to request one or the other?

Not sure what you'll get.  You could post a link to what you are buying here and perhaps one of the mods ( @JamesC or @ShayneS ) can tell you what's inside.

Which mount are you wanting?

PenGo
Aspirant
Aspirant

Well, that would depend on the differences between one or the other. It is not clear to me if the magnetic part of the wall mount is what attaches to the wall (e.g. a metal frame/wall is in contact with the base of the wall mount) or if the magnetic part is between the mount and the camera.  If the magnetic part is between the mount and the camera, that's what I would prefer if the magnet is strong enough to take strong winds.

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@PenGo wrote:

It is not clear to me if the magnetic part of the wall mount is what attaches to the wall (e.g. a metal frame/wall is in contact with the base of the wall mount) or if the magnetic part is between the mount and the camera.

The magnet is built into the mount, there is a metal plate in the back of the camera housing (inside).  I've used these outdoors for some years, and never had a camera fall off the mount.  FWIW, I also use screw mounts for some cameras.  Personally I don't have a strong preference - both mount types require putting in at least one screw into whatever you are putting the mount on.

You can't  use the magnetic mount with the Pro 4 XL model though (and a Pro 4 XL kit won't come with them).

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation