Adding Arlo Pro 4 VMC4041P cameras to VMB4540 Hub

Discussion stats
  • 0 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 In Conversation
MarkAss
Follower
Follower

My system was working fine with the original cameras and hub.  I purchased additional cameras (used) and had trouble connecting them to my hub.  After some research and effort, I found a solution and wanted to share it.

1)  General:  Charge cameras. Work on one camera at a time, remove batteries from any additional new cameras you are trying to add.

2)  Reset the cameras:  remove the camera from the shell, press and hold the link button until it flashes amber.  Wait until it switches to flashing blue (reset complete, in pairing mode).  after several seconds of blue flashing LED, remove the battery (to be reinserted during the Add Device procedure)

3)  use the mobile app (or website) to Add the camera, select "connect without SmartHub" to connect directly to your wifi, NOT the hub.  Enter your network and password and the camera should connect to your wifi.  this make take a minute or two.  The camera will download any firmware updates necessary, this may take 3-5 minutes.  You will be asked to name the camera and should now be able to see it in your "device" list, though separate from your other hub connected cameras.

4)  Go into the camera settings on your mobile device or computer and "remove" it.

5) reset the camera again to clear the wifi link settings created in step 3.  Remove the battery after resetting as you did in step 2

6)  Now use the Add Device procedure to Add the camera again, selecting "Continue" when it identifies your SmartHub.  Follow the instructions to name your camera and complete the procedure.

This worked for me, hopefully it works for you.  I did all of mine through the ARLO mobile app on my iphone 12. 

0 REPLIES 0
Discussion stats
  • 0 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 In Conversation