Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
RockDr
Initiate
Initiate

I bought the Arlo Pro 4 XL 3 camera system with SmartHub.  (The model # from the base of the SmartHub is VMB4540 which, interestingly, is for the Arlo Pro3 system.)

I am unable to connect my cameras!  I get a blue light on the SmartHub, after connecting it to my Netgear router. And I successfully get the "chime", but then the blinking blue light on the camera times out/stops before the camera can connect. I have tried all 3 cameras - many, many, many times. (All batteries have been charged.)

Please help!  I am about ready to throw this all in a box and return to Costco.

3 REPLIES 3
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

The VMB4540 was initially released for the Pro 3 but works with any camera.

Try resetting the hub. Remove it from Settings, My Devices. Hold the reset button for >10 seconds until the LED starts flashing amber. Let it reboot and claim it again. Any better? If not, try using the web client - my.arlo.com.

RockDr
Initiate
Initiate

Thanks so much for your help!

What finally worked is that when I first started the set-up for my Arlo Pro 4 XL Spotlight Cameras, instead of clicking on Cameras>>Pro4, I clicked on Cameras>>Pro3(!).  This finally allowed my hub to be recognized!! (The instructions for Pro4 do not tell you to add devices for Pro3!)

Once my hub was recognized, everything else connected like a charm.

I love these Arlo cameras!  🙂

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@RockDr wrote:

What finally worked is that when I first started the set-up for my Arlo Pro 4 XL Spotlight Cameras, instead of clicking on Cameras>>Pro4, I clicked on Cameras>>Pro3(!).  This finally allowed my hub to be recognized!!

Odd, that sounds like a bug.  Normally you'd begin by adding the base itself (selecting base station/hub, not Cameras).

However, since it's working now, just leave well enough alone.

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation