3 month free trial automatically replaced with subscription

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
Mgarner
Follower
Follower

I setup my cameras today, had 3 months of free trial service - great!

The system kept prompting me to setup my account - ok, not a problem.

Fishing setting things up, assuming my billing will begin after the free 3mos trial and I see a $14.99 charge…

With how much the multi camera system is, saving the $45 for the first three months is a blessing. I was looking for an email support and wasn’t able to find anything, hoping this can be resolved so billing begins after the trial as with basically any trial/paid service…

Thank you.

M. Garner

2 REPLIES 2
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Mgarner wrote:
I setup my cameras today, had 3 months of free trial service - great!

The system kept prompting me to setup my account - ok, not a problem.

Fishing setting things up, assuming my billing will begin after the free 3mos trial and I see a $14.99 charge…

After the trial ends, you sign up for the normal subscription (either Secure or Secure Plus), and then move the cameras into that plan.

Some folks cancel the trial a couple days early, and then move the cameras so there is no lapse in service.

Hopefully you didn't already start the subscription - if you did, payments will start immediately.  You can cancel (assuming cameras remain on the trial), but you might still be billed for one month.

HenryW1
Aspirant
Aspirant

Perhaps I am the only one to have suffered this, but just in case I am not alone. When setting up my cameras and the Arlo App, and in spite of knowing that there was 3 months free subscription, I provided my credit card details for subscriptions in the belief that I would need to cancel before the end of the three months BUT also in the belief that no money would leave my account.  However, uniquely Arlo take money from your account for a subscription EVEN THOUGH you have a free trial period.  When complaining about this and asking for a refund they obstinately refused and only after an argument offered a credit against a new subscription.  I don't want a subscription.  I never wanted one and I don't want a credit, just my money back for this mad and unique (as far as I know)  way of running fees. So, if signing up, be very careful.  And if you like the product but not how they handle customer experience, do say so.  If we get lots of messages, they MIGHT finally listen.  Caveat Emptor.

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation