Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

2K/4K Videos cannot be played in browser

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
SQLPolice
Initiate
Initiate

Hello,

Notification Videos from my Arlo Pro 4 can cannot be played in Browser.

Error Message: This video is not able to play in your browser. Please download to view.

Tried with MS Edge and Chrome. Both on Windows 10, everything on latest updates.

In the Android App , it works.

What can I do? Is it a browser setting?

Kind regards

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@SQLPolice wrote:

Tried with MS Edge and Chrome. Both on Windows 10, everything on latest updates.

First, check the PC's processor.  You need at least a 6th generation AMD or Intel processor to play back HEVC.  If you don't know how to check that, then right-click on "this PC", or enter "about this PC. in the search bar, and open the settings.  You will see a screen that includes the processor information:

processor.png

With Intel, the processor generation is easy to see - in the sample above, the processor is 10th generation (i7-10610U).  If you aren't sure though, just post the processor details in a reply.

If your processor is new enough, then go to the Microsoft store, and install Microsoft's HEVC extension for windows.  There is a small cost ($0.99 USD).  After that, you will be able to play the videos directly in Edge (but not FireFox or Chrome).

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@SQLPolice wrote:

First, check the PC's processor.  You need at least a 6th generation AMD or Intel processor to play back HEVC.  If you don't know how to check that, then right-click on "this PC", or enter "about this PC. in the search bar, and open the settings.  You will see a screen that includes the processor information:

processor.png

With Intel, the processor generation is easy to see - in the sample above, the processor is 10th generation (i7-10610U).  If you aren't sure though, just post the processor details in a reply.

If your processor is new enough, then go to the Microsoft store, and install Microsoft's HEVC extension for windows.  There is a small cost ($0.99 USD).  After that, you will be able to play the videos directly in Edge (but not FireFox or Chrome).

SQLPolice
Initiate
Initiate

Thanks! My PC has a Gen 4 CPU - that explained it 😉

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation