Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

which base?

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
Nanlee
Luminary
Luminary

I would like to add an Arlo Pro 3 but have a netgear 3500 base which base do I need to buy so it will work with my Pro 2 and plain Arlo cameras? Have been looking also for another Pro 2 but can only find used ones.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Nanlee wrote:

I would like to add an Arlo Pro 3 but have a netgear 3500 base which base do I need to buy so it will work with my Pro 2 and plain Arlo cameras? Have been looking also for another Pro 2 but can only find used ones.

VMB4000, VMB4500, VMB4540, and VMB5000 will all work.  You will need a paid subscription to cloud storage.

The last two are smarthubs, and would allow you to set up direct access to local storage. https://kb.arlo.com/000062337/What-is-Direct-Storage-Access-and-how-do-I-use-it

Direct access has a lot of limitations, but still might let you eliminate the paid subscription.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Nanlee wrote:

VMB4000, VMB4500, VMB4540, and VMB5000 will all work.  You will need a paid subscription to cloud storage.

The last two are smarthubs, and would allow you to set up direct access to local storage. https://kb.arlo.com/000062337/What-is-Direct-Storage-Access-and-how-do-I-use-it

Direct access has a lot of limitations, but still might let you eliminate the paid subscription.

Nanlee
Luminary
Luminary

I am not interested in cloud storage as I can save the video to my computer if I need to. But will I still be able to view the videos in the library without a subscription like I do now with my pro 2 and plain arlo?

dcfox1
Master
Master

@Nanlee wrote:

I am not interested in cloud storage as I can save the video to my computer if I need to. But will I still be able to view the videos in the library without a subscription like I do now with my pro 2 and plain arlo?

You are seeing the free 7 day Cloud storage on you older Pro 2 and plain Arlo cameras that you can download to a computer. The newer cams require a subscription for any cloud storage to see what you are seeing now. You would need a new base/hub for local storage without a sub as @StephenB said. So to see what you see now you would need a subscription for Pro3 to see recordings as you see now. 

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation