Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
MonitorMomma
Aspirant
Aspirant

I’m a new owner of the Arlo Pro 3 camera system. This is my first week getting used to them. I’m trying to figure out a way to turn motion detection off on 1 of the 3 cameras? Is this possible to have motion detection on just two or do I have to have it on all 3 at the same time? I’ve tried to edit each camera and the only way I see to turn off motion detection is to disarm altogether! 🤨 also is there a way to still have motion detection on while at home but not get notifications? Last but not least Pro 3 came with 3 month trial smart plan if I add a cvr plan will it affect my free 3 month trial? Help please and Thanks a bunch!

4 REPLIES 4
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

You can turn a camera "on" and "off" in the device settings for that camera. 

You can also set up custom rules that turn cameras off (and use them in a schedule or geofencing).  https://kb.arlo.com/42/What-are-modes-and-rules-and-how-does-Arlo-use-them

MonitorMomma
Aspirant
Aspirant
Kinda a bummer that I can’t edit the motion detection of each individual camera and keep motion detection on on a specific camera without turning cameras off completely! Reason being a have a high traffic area where I’d like the motion detection off but still have my cameras on for live viewing of my kids but would still like motion detection on at the back door or in my bedroom for instance or a room that kids are not supposed to be! Even if I edit the sensitivity of motion for each camera it still sends me 500 notifications and I realize those can be turned off but it’s just the principle. Also I have pet detection turned off and it constantly send me motion notifications for my cats 🤦🏼‍♀️😡.As I gotten familiar with the pro 3 I’ve noticed there is a constant freeze when trying to live stream? Not sure if that’s fixable or not?
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@MonitorMomma wrote:
Kinda a bummer that I can’t edit the motion detection of each individual camera and keep motion detection on on a specific camera without turning cameras off completely!

You can set up a custom mode that has the motion detection on for the backdoor, bedroom, etc - and off or much lower for the other cameras.  then you just switch to that mode. https://kb.arlo.com/42/What-are-modes-and-rules-and-how-does-Arlo-use-them

MonitorMomma
Aspirant
Aspirant
Gotcha! I figured it out now! Took me second! I knew for sure there must be a way! This is my first time owning security camera systems! I’m about to add CVR plan to my system and I’m sure I’ll have 100 questions! Thank you for your help!
Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation