Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

"Charge Battery. This device's battery level is too low..."

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
RobFJ
Aspirant
Aspirant

I started getting this message a few days ago when I'd have expected the camera battery to be pretty much charged.

I've since had the camera on charge for quite a while and there is no difference to its behaviour. (Can't see the charge level of the camera on the app as I just get the error message.)

The only activity I can get from the camera is if I remove it from its housing and take out and reinsert the battery. I then get a single bright blue short flash from the led to the right of the camera lens.

Can anyone help - I dont want to buy a replacement battery if the problem is elsewhere.

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
RobFJ
Aspirant
Aspirant

I tried swapping the batteries and, for a reason I don't fully understand, both batteries immediately showed as 100% charged. Also both cameras will now work on pure AC power and battery - with no warning messages 🙂

I guess there might be a glitch somewhere.

Thanks for helping me through this.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@RobFJ wrote:

The only activity I can get from the camera is if I remove it from its housing and take out and reinsert the battery. I then get a single bright blue short flash from the led to the right of the camera lens.

Does the camera run normally when connected to AC power and the battery removed?

Do you have any other Pro 3 cameras (or other Arlo cameras that use the same battery type)?

RobFJ
Aspirant
Aspirant

Apologies for the delay - easter holidays.

If I took the battery out, the camera would not run just on AC power.

Yes, I have another Pro 3 camera and I have swapped the batteries over. Suprisingly, both are showing they are fully charged on the app and both cameras are also working. (I'd have expected the battery from the problem camera to show as empty as that was the message I was originally getting.)

Additionally, if I plug the charging lead into the camera that had the problem, the app does not show the battery icon as charging. If I plug the lead into the working camera, then the battery icon shows as charging.

So 'faulty camera'  seems to have the problem.

Hope this helps

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@RobFJ wrote:

If I took the battery out, the camera would not run just on AC power.

Actually it should.

@RobFJ wrote:

Additionally, if I plug the charging lead into the camera that had the problem, the app does not show the battery icon as charging. If I plug the lead into the working camera, then the battery icon shows as charging.

Does this change if you swap the two batteries?

RobFJ
Aspirant
Aspirant

I tried swapping the batteries and, for a reason I don't fully understand, both batteries immediately showed as 100% charged. Also both cameras will now work on pure AC power and battery - with no warning messages 🙂

I guess there might be a glitch somewhere.

Thanks for helping me through this.

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation