Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
isidrology
Aspirant
Aspirant

I know this topic has been identified multiple times and no real answer, so I'm going to ask again and see if anyone has a fix more recently. 

My camera for some reason discharged and stopped working. So I bought a new arlo charger and cable to connect. 

It took me about 8 tries to finally connect the battery and allow it to charge. the steps are:

1. Unpair camera (if required)

2. unplug AC, take out battery

2. Put in battery (with some charge)

3. Sync and link camera to base station

4. THEN plug in AC (when you do this the blue light will flash rapidly for a few seconds and off)

5. now it shows battery charging icon

HOWEVER... now I get the famous: " AC power has been disconnected from your Arlo Device...."

Can you explain how the camera can be charging, with the charging icon at the bottom, and yet still get this message?!

has anyone fixed this, and if so how? WITHOUT removing activity zones... 

Thanks in advance.. 

3 REPLIES 3
isidrology
Aspirant
Aspirant

So the message disappeared after I unplugged and plugged in the usb cable multiple times. 

So now a new problem appeared, my camera now shows battery charging with the thunderbolt icon, but the battery drained from %67 to %0 overnight. 

Arlo is amazing. I can't charge the camera battery and I can't even use it with just the power plugged in.

What is wrong with your products. 

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

isidrology,

Are you using an Arlo branded charger or a third-party product?

JamesC

isidrology
Aspirant
Aspirant

Well surely any charger capable of supplying 

• Output: 9.0V-1.67A or 5.0V-2.0A

is enough. 

I have a camera A on a 5V 1A charger and it's doing perfectly fine charging the battery on a camera.

for this specific setup "camera B" I was using exactly the same setup as A, and after reading about Output: 9.0V-1.67A or 5.0V-2.0A I changed camera B's charger to one with such ratings. 

Now understanding USB cables can be rated differently, so I replaced the charging cable with the one from Camera A, and replaced the battery with the one from Camera A as well. 

now Camera B drains rapidly to 0% over night and charging cable is registered via a single blink of the blue light, but nothing happened. 

funny thing is Camera A with Camera B's old usb cable and it's original 5V 1A charger is charging the battery!.

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation