Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

pro3 offline

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
Ian_speeding
Tutor
Tutor
Hi I’ve been having connection issues with my pro 4 and I replaced with a pro 3. It keeps dropping offline after contacting the community I tried moving as advised I moved my camera down 4 inches from the mount and it worked fine I think for about a week then it started dropping offline. Since then I’m having the same sporadic connection issues I will receive a notification on my phone I log in I can see notification then I try and see live feed and no connection I’m at a loss here please any help here. All base and cameras have the latest software installed I’m running 2 other pro cameras and a q. I have 20 mb upload which I was advised I needed please any help I would be grateful
2 REPLIES 2
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Temporarily move the camera closer to your router or hub to see if the disconnects still happen. If not, it would seem to be something about that location, whether signal strength or quality (2.4GHz interference).

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

What signal strength are you seeing in the app?

What is on the direct path between the base and the camera?  Pipes, stove vent hoods, or concrete with rebar can block signal - and low-E window glass can also impair wifi.

Have you tried putting one of the Pro 2s in the same spot, and see if it has the same connectivity problem?

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation