Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

pro 3 firmware update issue

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
1moredisgusted1
Follower
Follower

Come on Arlo. You guys have all these geniuses working there and they can't figure a fix for a firmware update that initiated on March 31, 2023. 3 months...hmm? I've spent many hours and days doing all your suggestions to no avail. I'm totally disgusted. When I buy a product, I expect to work properly. Get off your couch and get this fixed already!!

5 REPLIES 5
cruzo406
Tutor
Tutor

Arlo fixed the issue about a week ago and all my cams finally worked ok.
This morning I noticed one of my cams last recording was 21 hrs ago.
I click Live and it times out.  So, no Live and no recording.
Setting shows "Firmware Available". I click update and after a few minutes, I get an error.

THEY SCREWED IT UP AGAIN!
my other 3 Arlo cams are still working, but main one is not.

arlo3.JPG

cruzo406
Tutor
Tutor

BTW, I also have 2 ring cams and I have never had issues with them.

The work just fine.

cruzo406
Tutor
Tutor

So now app works fine on iphone.

I can see all cameras live and they are recording.

However, if I login to my dashboard account using the web, it shows the error on the camera screen and says it requires a firmware update. "Firmware could not be updated. Please try again later. (Error code: 4208)"

cruzo406
Tutor
Tutor

Update just worked.  
All cameras working fine now.
Arlo needs to stop pushing firmware updates, unless its to solve a very big problem.

AlexNZ
Aspirant
Aspirant

Did the issue recur?

In my experience, the cameras (or base station, which I suspect might be linked to the cause of this problem?) try to update the final March 2023 version of the firmware (that has already been updated at some point, and is already on the camera) in the early hours of the morning so most people don’t see what is actually happening, and think they have resolved the issue (which wil recur the following night. The lights flicker while the camera is trying to update the firmware (which is already installed) in an endless loop, which drains the batteries. And while in this loop of trying to update firmware, the cameras are not active and doing their job.

Of course Arlo will be all too aware of this.

My question is, why won’t they fix the problem?

1. Is it a legal reason ie people taking action against them?

Or 2. am I being too cynical in thinking that there might be a commercial reason ie people will buy the newer model?

Or .. 3. is there a technical reason why they simply cannot fix the problem, but can’t admit it for legal liability reasons?

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation