Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

my Arlo 3 camera Enable port forwarding status keep becoming available and unavailable ?

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
zahra220
Aspirant
Aspirant

On Port forwarding , I have set up this feature and have no problem , I can access my local storage remotely when I am away from home   and see my footage stored with no problem , The problem start when the status for the port forwarding become unavailable all a sudden , what makes it to  in and out ?

3 REPLIES 3
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Theoretically, that's a router problem. However, the best idea is to reserve an IP address in your router's DHCP settings so the base/hub always gets the same address so when the router or base reboots the port forwarding will still work. Without that, port forwarding will fail if the IP address isn't the same as what was originally set up.

zahra220
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thanks ,for your kind reply , what i see is that the light at the base station goes red and blinking instead of stay blue and while its doing that i lose the port forwarding ,and therefore cannot accesses the library footage .Is that could be a base station problem?>

thanks 

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@zahra220 wrote:

what i see is that the light at the base station goes red and blinking

The documentation says "amber" for connection issues, but it might look red. https://kb.arlo.com/000039100/What-do-the-LEDs-on-my-Arlo-SmartHub-or-base-station-mean

So this could certainly be it.

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation