Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

multiple smarthubs

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
IctVibes
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hello Everyone, 

On a large property I've installed a wifi system with sufficient coverage. 
For the cameras I've installed 8 Pro 3 cameras and 2 Ultra cameras.

Ad for now, the property is too big for all the cameras to be in range of just one smarthub. Is it possible to add another smarthub, if yes how?
If not possible what other options are there?

I hope you can help me, thanks in advance.
Eelco

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@IctVibes wrote:

the property is too big for all the cameras to be in range of just one smarthub. Is it possible to add another smarthub, if yes how?

You can.  You do need to make sure there is an ethernet connection available at the location for the new smarthub.  You just remove the cameras that you want to shift from the account, and then re-add them to the new smarthub.

@IctVibes wrote:

That is the only option with these cameras.  Ultra and Pro-3 cameras connect to the smarthub over a closed WiFi network.  They won't connect to your home WiFi network.

The Arlo Q would connect to your WiFi, but it is an indoor 1080p camera.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@IctVibes wrote:

the property is too big for all the cameras to be in range of just one smarthub. Is it possible to add another smarthub, if yes how?

You can.  You do need to make sure there is an ethernet connection available at the location for the new smarthub.  You just remove the cameras that you want to shift from the account, and then re-add them to the new smarthub.

@IctVibes wrote:

That is the only option with these cameras.  Ultra and Pro-3 cameras connect to the smarthub over a closed WiFi network.  They won't connect to your home WiFi network.

The Arlo Q would connect to your WiFi, but it is an indoor 1080p camera.

IctVibes
Aspirant
Aspirant

@StephenB wrote:

Can both smarthubs added to the same account or do they need a separate account each?

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@IctVibes wrote: Can both smarthubs added to the same account or do they need a separate account each?

Both can be added to the same account.

IctVibes
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thank you, we will try this.

TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

As PS...

there is no limit to the number of bases you can have on any account, nor location

it is the only true way to expand coverage

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation