Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Wired camera. Battery in or out?

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
jsaus63304
Luminary
Luminary

I get conflicting comments on the subject,  

When you use a wired connection, should you leave the battery in or take it out.  i have read posts with problems or concerns each way.  Which is the correct or best option?  Do the aftermarket cables on Amazon work as well as the Arlo OEM cables?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@jsaus63304 wrote:

When you use a wired connection, should you leave the battery in or take it out. 

You can do either. 

• Leaving the battery out is advantageous if the camera is subject to temperature extremes (particularly less than -10C or over 50C).
  • Leaving the battery in has the benefit that the camera will continue to function if the power fails.  Though that also requires a UPS to protect the base and router/modem (to keep your home internet working during the failure).

@jsaus63304 wrote:

Do the aftermarket cables on Amazon work as well as the Arlo OEM cables?

I've never used aftermarket cables, but many folks here have had trouble with them.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@jsaus63304 wrote:

When you use a wired connection, should you leave the battery in or take it out. 

You can do either. 

• Leaving the battery out is advantageous if the camera is subject to temperature extremes (particularly less than -10C or over 50C).
  • Leaving the battery in has the benefit that the camera will continue to function if the power fails.  Though that also requires a UPS to protect the base and router/modem (to keep your home internet working during the failure).

@jsaus63304 wrote:

Do the aftermarket cables on Amazon work as well as the Arlo OEM cables?

I've never used aftermarket cables, but many folks here have had trouble with them.

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation