Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Will the remote access to SD card recordings via app be available for Arlo Pro 3 ?

Discussion stats
lynette63
Follower
Follower

Would the remote access to SD card recordings via app (that is expected in 2nd half of 2019) be available for Arlo Pro 3 ?

The original announcement was for Arlo Ultra. So wondering if the same feature will be made available for Arlo Pro 3.

80 REPLIES 80
ehechter
Aspirant
Aspirant

I actually returned my Ultras a couple of weeks ago, I was really looking forward to local access from phone. I'm still subscribed to community notifications in hopes there's a major change, it doesn't sound like anyone is happy with it.

JeremyCADUDE
Aspirant
Aspirant

Were you able to try it before you returned them? What did you think / what you off? I have terrible cheap china made amazon cameras and I really need to upgrade. I've been waiting and waiting for this feature of not uploading online but I never realized it would come with heavily decreased functionality.

Sigh.

kaminsr
Aspirant
Aspirant

do not buy yet unless you are ok with $4-10 monthly fee.  they are not ready.  we are the beta testers.  and the night vision is awful

Mavrrick
Luminary
Luminary
If you want 7 days free cloud recording for up to 5 cameras get arloQ or the Pro 2 cameras. If you dont mind setting up a VPN to your router or using Port forwarding then you can get up to 2TB of local storage you can access from anywhere with up to 15 cameras attached to one base. You loose rich notifications and e911 when you dont have a smart plan.

The folks complaining about port forwarding dont have a good understanding of networking and why that is better then Arlo or any company opening up a always on hole to get to your home network through there servers.
Redpower187
Apprentice
Apprentice
@JamesC you mention that Arlo are looking at ways to produce thumbnails, do you have any update on this?
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Redpower187,

The development team is exploring options for this but I do not have any new information at this time.

JamesC

Discussion stats