Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Wife can’t view recorded video

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 3 Likes
  • 5 In Conversation
TPatrie
Aspirant
Aspirant
Hi there.. we have an Arlo Smarthub with 4 cameras (Pro3) package.. I am not a subscriber and have it recording locally to a hard drive that is attached to the Smarthub. Everything works great and I get alerts on my phone and can access all cameras and all past video in the library under “Arlo Smarthub”... however, my wife, who I have given administrator access can not view any of the videos. She gets alerts on her phone and does have access to see live video by clicking on the different cameras, but when she clicks on library to view video clips, it only shows the message about “cloud storage keeps all your clips secure”.. it doesn’t give her any video clips to view/download and at the top of the screen it just says library.. it doesn’t give her the option to switch between Arlo Smarthub and Cloud like it does on my phone. It’s like hers is stuck looking for videos on the cloud and not giving the option to pull them from the local recordings on the Smarthub. Please help.. she needs to access the videos. I would just have her log on with my credentials, but it then kicks me off..
5 REPLIES 5
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

That's a current shortcoming of Grant Access. We have no idea if or when a fix will be implemented.

TPatrie
Aspirant
Aspirant
Seems ridiculous.. what work around is there to allow both people in a household access to view videos and events? Without it, this thing is bordering on worthless
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

TPatrie,

There is no way for a Grant Access user to view locally stored content. With a subscription to Arlo Smart, content on the cloud can be viewed by utilizing the Grant Access feature to share cameras with the second user.

JamesC

RB9562
Initiate
Initiate

Wow, I so regret upgrading to the Pro 3.

I jumped through all the hoops buying the flash storage and setting up port forwarding so I wouldn't get bled by these monthly charges but low and behold Arlo finds new ways to make their new product undesirable without paying their subscription.

The lack of subscription was the sole reason why I ever bought my original Arlo in the first place!!!

What a joke.

TK2020
Initiate
Initiate

Couldn't agree with you more as I did the same thing.  During their free trial, all is good but as soon as you get out of that, product is very undesirable and not really worth it if all in the family that need it can't utilize it.

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 3 Likes
  • 5 In Conversation