Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Why can't I store video locally?

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
UpperSwift
Follower
Follower
Hi,
So I've just bough a Arlo-package used. 2 Arlo 3 Pro cameras, one doorbell (without camera) and base station wmb4540r2.

I have no subscription and intend to have no, and therefor want to store the files locally on a harddrive/memory stick in the base station.

The cameras show live video, and gives me alerts when movements noticed, but there is no files to be found in the library. Or actually there's a few files, but only from the doorbell..

I have turned on the local storage and formatted the drive. It says it's ready..
but the video is nowhere to be found.

I did also run a hard reset of the base station (little button for 10 seconds).

Signed in and out of the app as well as turned it on and of multiple times.

I need help..
What to do?
1 REPLY 1
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@UpperSwift wrote:

The cameras show live video, and gives me alerts when movements noticed, but there is no files to be found in the library. Or actually there's a few files, but only from the doorbell..

I have turned on the local storage and formatted the drive. It says it's ready..
but the video is nowhere to be found.

Is there still a trial subscription for the doorbell?

Are you looking for recordings in the app or in the browser?  They are only available in the app.  If you see "cloud" or "library" at the top of the page when you access the library, try pressing on that.  That should let you choose the base station.

Note you can also verify that the cameras are recording by ejecting the storage and connecting the drive to a PC.  If they are there, then you have an access problem - not a recording problem.

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation