Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Where are the frame and video capture buttons?

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
TWesley
Follower
Follower

I have five Arlo Pro 3 cameras, and I have subscribed (reluctantly) to monthly service - my old system (original Arlo cameras) allowed me to view videos locally despite not having a subscription. When I upgraded to the Pro 3 cameras (with new base station), I lost that ability, which, quite frankly, angers me - I pay for a more expensive system and LOSE functionality? 

But today my question is this: even the cheapest, oldest Arlo system gave the user the ability to capture still images or video when in "live" view. Three of my Arlo PRO 3 cameras DO NOT offer this option, while the two I recently bought DO. Is this another case of the "feature" appearing only during the trail period for the new cameras, only to disappear when the trial period is over (despite the fact that I am paying Arlo monthly fees)? 

In my mind, the loss of frame and video capture is nothing less than a BAIT and SWITCH, and the loss of the ability to view video clips for the last week without paying additional fees is EVEN WORSE. 

What are you going to do about it, Arlo? 

At this point, I have too much money invested in these cameras to simply toss them and replace them with something else. I sincerely hope that Arlo will DO THE RIGHT THING and restore the features taken away during the upgrade to newer cameras (and base station). 

A formerly-satisfied, now disillusioned customer. 

2 REPLIES 2
dcfox1
Master
Master

The subscription gives you the same options as the trial and even without you would have live view and basic notifications. Have you tries any trouble shooting steps on the problem cameras. 

As for capturing screen shots or recording in live view you need to turn off 2k streaming or it will not give the option. Not sure why but it is a limitation. 

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

TWesley,

If you're remotely viewing your cameras, the stream will be in 1080p. When live streaming locally, the stream will be in 2k. it is not possible to manually record or take snapshots in 2K. If you have a subscription for your Arlo Pro 3 cameras, you can still manually record live streams and take snapshots, but you will need to turn off local 2K live streaming in your settings.

JamesC

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation