Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 In Conversation
Mavrrick
Luminary
Luminary

What part of Arlo is down right now. Here is what I am experiencing.

First I want to tell you what i have. 3 Arlo Q's, 2 Arlo Pro 2's, a single Arlo Pro 3 and the Arlo Video Doorbell. All but the Arlo Q's are attached to a Arlo VMB4540 Pro 3 variant Base Station and I have a 500GB drive attached to it.

If i am attached to my local network. I can pull up clips and such fine for all my cameras including the Arlo Q's that can not write to the Base station. I can view CVR which is on a Arlo Q. If i take my phone and disconnect from wifi i can't see any recordings from any camera.  I also don't get access to my Local storage even though port forwarding is configured. When i try to view CVR on the camera that has it subscribed i get a message saying the database server isn't functioning. 

What the heck is going on Arlo that I get all functionality at home but when I switch to a external connection i get a Arlo DB Server Error. Is more running at home then we realize. Or does being on a home network connect us to different backend arlo servers?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Mavrrick
Luminary
Luminary

Well it looks like the event was short lived as it appears to be addressed already, but still a very strange combination of what was working and what was not. 

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Mavrrick
Luminary
Luminary

Well it looks like the event was short lived as it appears to be addressed already, but still a very strange combination of what was working and what was not. 

Mavrrick
Luminary
Luminary

I should of check here first https://status.arlo.com/ incase anyone is interested.

This is obviously a big plus for local storage though. It stinks that it isn't functional though without Arlo Servers. You should probably be allowed to specify your external ip to use incase Arlo is down like this condition. Or maybe just store it in the app somewhere.

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 In Conversation