Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

What happened to all my recordings?

Discussion stats
  • 14 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
jsaus63304
Luminary
Luminary

I have a hard drive connected to my base station and it works just fine to save recordings locally. It is not near full with 9GB of 500GB used.  I wanted to look back at my recordings on the app but everything before 2021 has disappeared.  Previously I could see back for months.  Now I only have Jan and Feb 2021.  What is the deal?

14 REPLIES 14
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Did you use the < to the left of the dates to go back to the previous months/year?

jsaus63304
Luminary
Luminary

Yes.  When you get to January there is no left < to go to December 2020 

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

I clear my local storage monthly after downloading them to my computer so can't test what you're describing. Perhaps it's a bug that causes this. A screenshot of your local recordings library (just the date part). Also, try rebooting your hub.

jsaus63304
Luminary
Luminary

I have reset the base with no change.  Seems that the 2020 and older dates are no longer accessible thru the app, only all 2021 recordings.  Since space is used on my drive, I assume they are still there but am not going to pull the drive to plug into computer.  That defeats the purpose. 

A new version of the Y2K bug?  Y2K2X 

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

I would assume nothing. Safely eject the drive and check to be sure. While you're at it, I would also suggest using a thumb drive - smaller, easier to manipulate if you have to and still holds a lot of data. You could copy the Arlo folder from the hard drive onto the thumb drive so you have everything in one place.

jsaus63304
Luminary
Luminary

It has gotten worse.  Now my January recordings are not accessible.  I now only get Feb and March.  Did the new software update change the local storage to only 30 days like the subscription?  

dcfox1
Master
Master

I have recordings back to Feb 2 so longer then 30 days. I delete at the start of every month also. Probably deleted at that time but can't say for sure. Same the USB stick in a computer. I doubt they changed how long they stay on your USB unless you have overwrite set up. 

jsaus63304
Luminary
Luminary

I do have overwrite enabled but it is for when less than 20% of space left.  I have 95% left.  I now have recordings back to Feb 2 also.  I think the app is doing it. 

dcfox1
Master
Master

When I viewed the USB in my computer the last recording was Feb 2 so not the app as there were no recordings to view prior to that. I deleted previous recordings around that time. 

jsaus63304
Luminary
Luminary

Today, my oldest recording is Feb 3.  Yesterday it was Feb 2.  The app has chopped off one more day.  Seems the app will only let you have 30 days now.  Not a good update.

jsaus63304
Luminary
Luminary

And today it is the 4th.  No doubt that the app is limiting you to 30 days just like the subscription.

jsaus63304
Luminary
Luminary

Will try turning off the overwrite option and check again tomorrow.  

jsaus63304
Luminary
Luminary

Turning off the overwrite does not work either.  The app only allows 30 days of recordings now.  Arlo needs to publish this fact rather than say local recordings are unlimited

Shaun1234
Virtuoso
Virtuoso
You are correct, ive just checked and i have the exact same, everyday it just knocks off another day at the beginning! What is the point of me buying a large hard drive?
@james c , is this an error or have arlo done this on purpose?
Discussion stats
  • 14 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation