Re: Video doorbell (AVD1001) won't connect to VMB4540 base station
Previously I had installed a video doorbell (AVD1001). It was connected to my 2.4 network and was working correctly. A few weeks later I bought the Pro3 Smarthub (VMB4540) along with video cameras and set that up. That also works correctly. So then I decided to connect the video doorbell directly to the Smarthub which according to the instructions, you can do. The following is the procedure I followed:
1. Reset the video doorbell by pressing the reset button on the doorbell until it started flashing (approximately 10 seconds).
2. On my phone, I set it to airplane mode and re-enabled wi-fi. I then deleted on doorbell device on the Arlo app.
3. Once the lights on the doorbell had turned solid white, I tried adding the doorbell device to the app. It detects the smarthub and checks for updates.
4. I then press the doorbell to start the sync procedure, however I don't hear the chime. The lights on the doorbell change to flashing white, then they turn off for a few seconds, then change to fading white. On the app, it eventually tells me "No doorbells were found".
5. So, I try again, the lights on the doorbell are still fading white. I press the button only this time I hear the doorbell chime. The lights remain fading white and the doorbell still cannot be found on the app.
The firmware version on the hub is 184.108.40.206_707_c289687
Solved! Go to Solution.
I purchased the Video doorbell and am trying to install it by connecting it to my VMB5000 smart hub. Just like the author who wrote this post, I cannot get it to recognize the video doorbell. I have tried multiple times. I can connect over wi-fi but then it won't seem to connect with the Chime either. Any suggestion for connecting to the smart hub?
I am having the same issue. The Arlo Pro3 cameras work fine, got the doorbell today. wont connect. Everything else is correct. Same as the Author of this thread... I see no one responded. Any updates?
Count me in with the same issue.
Trying to connect an AVD1001AR1.2 Firmware 220.127.116.11_721_bb2ff33_ee8f2f0 to a base station VMB4540r2 Firmware 18.104.22.168_707_c289687
Same issue here. I've been exchanging messages with Tech Support. They even sent me a new doorbell but it has the same issue. Will not connect to the VMB4540 base station. I keep hearing that development is aware of the issue and working on a solution but that's been weeks now. In the meantime, I have a useless piece of hardware that I can't even return to get my money back since I'm beyond the return window. Frustrating.