Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

VMB4540 base totally frozen

Discussion stats
  • 10 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
MrSimon
Aspirant
Aspirant

Base light is solid blue but status says hub is offline.  Have unplugged power cord and ethernet cord (changed it as well)  and rebooted hub.  Blue light comes back to solid blue. Have full connection on router, the device pops up in the router but no traffic seems to be getting thorough. 

Can´t seem to factory reset it. try to do that but the LED stays Solid blue. Any ideas or do I need to buy a new base?

It hase worked fine for 3 years before this happened. 

Could it be anything on the router? 

best regards

Simon

10 REPLIES 10
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Have you tried both the app as well as the web client to see if there's a difference? For the app, have you tried both WiFi and cell service?

The factory reset, like pretty much any other reset procedure, requires that you hold the button until something happens, in this case the LED starts flashing amber (~15 seconds of holding).

https://kb.arlo.com/1057976/How-can-I-reset-my-Arlo-SmartHub-or-base-station-to-the-default-values

If you do that you also need to remove all devices from your account and start fresh, as if you just bought the system.

MrSimon
Aspirant
Aspirant

Yepp. same result with web and the mobile app.

Nothing happens holding the reset for 20 sec+ . Blue Led still just lit. 

All devices have been removed and the base as well, and it can´t be detected for new installation

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Can you feel/hear the button click when you push it?

MrSimon
Aspirant
Aspirant

Yes, clearly. Feel like the whole thing is frozen since the led turns solid blue whatever i do

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Depending on which user interface you are using, use Settings, Support if you see Library to view videos, or Settings ("person" icon top left), Support Center if you see Feed instead. Select your hub model to contact official support. This requires that you have a subscription.

MrSimon
Aspirant
Aspirant

yea, now i have removed the device so can´t reach anything. And no subscription so guess all that is left is to buy a new one

MrSimon
Aspirant
Aspirant

Now that i press the HW reset button the LED turns stable orange ( not flashing) I think I need to buy a new one 😉 

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

As a last gasp before spending money, check the output from the power supply with a voltmeter to ensure it's supplying what is noted on the supply itself (I think it's 12VDC).

MrSimon
Aspirant
Aspirant

Good point, will do that as a last resort 🙂 

MrSimon
Aspirant
Aspirant

Seems to be delivering power as it should... will order a new one and hope it works 😄 

Discussion stats
  • 10 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation