Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Upgrading from pro 2 to pro 3 do I log out and change the base then log in again?

Discussion stats
  • 7 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
SLChris
Aspirant
Aspirant

Upgrading from pro 2 to pro 3 do I log out and change the base then log in again?

7 REPLIES 7
michaelkenward
Sensei Sensei
Sensei

Your strategy depends on what you want to achieve.

Are you adding Pro 3 cameras to a Pro 2 system? Or are you replacing a Pro 2 system?

In other word, what end point do you have in mind?

Remember that Pro 3 cameras do not provide free seven-day cloud support.

Just another user
Arlo hardware: Q Plus, Pro 2 (X2), Pro 3 (X3), Pro 3 Floodlight, Security Light (X2), Ultra (X2), Doorbell, Chime
SLChris
Aspirant
Aspirant
Upgrading from a 2 to a 3 .a full system .
michaelkenward
Sensei Sensei
Sensei

More questions I'm afraid. (Cryptic answers don't help.) Do you have a paid for subscription that you hope to use?

If you simply plan to remove the Pro 2 system and use Pro 3 instead, then you can go into the existing My Arlo account and tell it to remove everything. Then add the Pro 3 hub and all the other bits and pieces.

Pro 3 comes with a three month subscription. After that you have to pay.

Just another user
Arlo hardware: Q Plus, Pro 2 (X2), Pro 3 (X3), Pro 3 Floodlight, Security Light (X2), Ultra (X2), Doorbell, Chime
SLChris
Aspirant
Aspirant
I have the primier subscription so where is this Deletion thing I need to do, I looked for it so it must be hidden.
michaelkenward
Sensei Sensei
Sensei

In the settings zone, every device has a Remove Device button.

This will do what it says, remove each device from your account.

You can also add devices to the existing account. So you could add your new system to the account before you remove the old kit. Then you can see how things work out before you make the move.

I would hope that the transfer of new stuff to the current subscription would be a simple process, but nothing Arlo seems to be straightforward.

Just another user
SLChris
Aspirant
Aspirant
I will do this a report
AncientGeek
Hero
Hero

I just did something similar.  I recently purchased a Pro 3 system (or as I prefer to call it an Ultra 2k system, since that better describes the family relationship and accessory compatibility.). I added the Pro 3 base to my current account for that location and then removed Pro 2 and older cameras from the prior system as I replaced the individual cameras with Pro 3 cameras.  I sill have a mix of older cameras including two original Arlo cameras pointed at mouse traps in my workshop and several ARLO Q and Q Plus cameras in the workshop and house at this location.  

So far, I appear to have both my old ARLO Smart Elite plan AND the three month trial for the Pro 3, both in effect.  I presume that once the trial runs out, I’ll need to purchase a new plan to get 2k recording and I’ll need to abandon my old plan.  I haven’t done the math to see how much more this will cost me each year, but I think it may be less than the much smaller number of Nest cams I have here...but, of course, more than my Axis cameras which cost zero dollar per year for local recording.  All of these system  have their strengths and weaknesses.

Discussion stats
  • 7 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation