Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
AbeG
Apprentice
Apprentice

I have a new Arlo Ultra (1st gen) and suddenly (has been fine up till today) I can NOT watch live through my iPhone app on WIFI but if I turn off WiFI cellular is fine however WiFI streams fine on my WIN 11 PC on the web.

Seems the APP on the iPhone is the issue but only using WIFI.  

Steps I have taken:

Assigned static IP to base station (model 5000)

Rebooted base

Power recycled base

Removed and added back everything.

Signal says "strong" (base is less than 25 feet from cam)

When I click on the "PLAY" arrow while on WiFi it immediately returns to the play button but as soon as I turn off WiFI it's streams fine on cellular.

I am a pretty "technical" person so I believe I have tried everything.  Very weird that it only streams live in my house on Cellular but not wi-fi.  WiFI is about 700Mbps/30Mbps so thast isn't an issue.  I also have a different brand video doorbell and that streams live fine as well as everything else I have so connectivity isn't an issue as wi-fi is fine with everything else I have.

Running IOS 16 (and have been for 3 months without issue)

Best answers
  • JamesC
    Community Manager
    Community Manager

The development team was also able to reproduce this issue and is currently investigating the root cause. I will provide an update as soon as I have more information available to share.

JamesC

108 REPLIES 108
Davatx
Aspirant
Aspirant

I disabled 2k and they work fine but nothing with 2k on.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Dunno about yesterday but I can live stream 4k today. Of course, only on my WiFi...

kng112
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thanks a lot for your reply. It’s working when I’m turn off 4k. 

kng112
Aspirant
Aspirant

I’ve turn off 4k, it works. Turn on 4k no works. How can I fixed this. Thanks for your reply 

EKELLEY
Aspirant
Aspirant

All was well. Two camera batteries were low and so I replaced them with fully charged ones. Now I do not get live view. I press the arrow says connecting for a second then goes back.

I’ve done everything. I’ve had Arlo cameras for years 2018.

I understand how they work and have done all the usual trouble shooting.

I pay $15.93 a month on my plan and want there to work as expected. I live in an area set back from the road and have these to give me warning when someone drives up our driveway.

Any advice to fix is welcomed.

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@jguerdat wrote:

Dunno about yesterday but I can live stream 4k today. Of course, only on my WiFi...

I haven't checked this myself, but reports here are specific to iOS.

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@EKELLEY wrote:

All was well. Two camera batteries were low and so I replaced them with fully charged ones. Now I do not get live view. I press the arrow says connecting for a second then goes back.

Do you have 4K livestreaming enabled in the app?  If you do, try disabling that and testing again.

EKELLEY
Aspirant
Aspirant

I disabled 4k live streaming and live view now works on all 3 cameras.

So what is it that I lose by disabling?

EKELLEY
Aspirant
Aspirant

Same issue with me on 9/13.

I got a reply that told me to disable 4k live streaming if you have Ultra cameras and it worked.

EKELLEY
Aspirant
Aspirant

Stephen your suggestion to disable 4k live streaming solved my issue. I have IOS IPhone 12

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@EKELLEY wrote:

So what is it that I lose by disabling?

Livestreaming to your phone will be 1080p instead of 4K when you are using your home wifi network.

Note that (no matter how the setting is set), Livestreaming to your phone remains 1080p when you are away from home/using mobile data.  Livestreaming to also my.arlo.com is always 1080p.

FWIW, turning off 4K livestreaming actually does gain you something - the ability to make manual recordings and snapshots while livestreaming.

AbeG
Apprentice
Apprentice

@JamesC

Numerous similar complaints on Reddit and elsewhere.  Might want to shoot out an email to registered 4K users rather than driving everyone nuts or maybe posting it prominently on support page or do ANYTHING AT ALL to help your customers.  Chances are pretty small of finding this topic.

NYRik
Guide
Guide

I have 2 Arlo Pro 3 cameras that stream in 2k. Both are connected to an Arlo Base Station and have always streamed 4k.  I have just upgraded my iPhone to iOS 16 and cameras that used to stream in 2k on the same local network, don’t stream at all when 2k is turned on as an option. When 2k is turned off, the cameras stream. Even on other devices that haven’t had the iOS upgraded, 2k video no longer works. Anyone else having this issue?

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@NYRik wrote:

I have just upgraded my iPhone to iOS 16 and cameras that used to stream in 2k on the same local network, don’t stream at all when 2k is turned on as an option. When 2k is turned off, the cameras stream. Even on other devices that haven’t had the iOS upgraded, 2k video no longer works. Anyone else having this issue?

Yes, it affects all iOS devices.  The only thing yo can do for now is leave 2K streaming turned off.

AbeG
Apprentice
Apprentice

You lose 4K resolution (until they fix it) which you probably wouldn't be able to tell anyway. 😃

rugmankc1
Apprentice
Apprentice

I have a Pro3 Floodlight and Pro 4 Spotlight that just stopped 2k live streaming. Was working fine ever since I bought them. When I tap on each cameras Play icon it shows connecting for a split second then goes back to basic view. These cameras are on a TP Link Deco x55 system with my VMB4540 and VMB5000 connected to each one by ethernet. The 3rd Deco is the router connected to my internet modem. All was working fine. Strong connections, I rebooted hubs and deleted and re-downloadd Arlo App. Auto track is not enabled and video is not zoomed in, in camera video settings. Arlo support could not help. Checked FAQ-s. Strong Wifi connections. All Deco routers are on same network and SSID. Any advice?

mickdc
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have an iPhone 12 Pro, Arlo 4K cameras. Everything worked great before iOS 16. Now the camera will not show live view when on the same network.

I can still view the cam feeds in the Home app, but they are not 4K streams.

Please fix Arlo! I see other user on other message boards this is a widespread issue.

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@rugmankc1 wrote:

I have a Pro3 Floodlight and Pro 4 Spotlight that just stopped 2k live streaming.

But livestreaming works when you disable the 2k livestreaming option in the app?

If so, this is a problem that quite a few folks have reported here.  Best thing to do for now is disable the option until Arlo can figure it out and fix it.

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@mickdc wrote:

I have an iPhone 12 Pro, Arlo 4K cameras. Everything worked great before iOS 16. Now the camera will not show live view when on the same network.

FWIW, there are posters here who are reporting this with iOS 15.  So the cause isn't directly tied to the upgrade.

The only thing I can suggest for now is to turn off 4K livestreaming in the app.

mickdc
Aspirant
Aspirant

4K streaming worked great for me on iOS 15.7 & every version prior. Then with iOS 16, I can't stream with the Arlo app at any res (2K or 4K). Only the Apple's native Home app will stream camera feed. My guess is that Arlo needs to update some compatibility...

Thanks for chiming in.

TNcat
Aspirant
Aspirant

Since new iOS update live stream does not work every time.

WTHArlo
Tutor
Tutor

I am using IOS 15. I have not updated to IOS 16. Like all the previous users,

all of a sudden my ability to live stream when on my home WiFi has stopped. When I turn off the WiFI and go to 5G cellular, I can live stream. My speed is not the issue as I am running at about 150 - 200 mbps (fiber optic). No way my 5G cellular service is getting that speed yet it works with live streaming. I can still view the library on Wifi, just not stream. This makes no sense. I hope you can resolve this quickly. By the way, the Arlo virtual assistant is garbage. After using it, I was just frustrated and didn’t want to even consider buying another Arlo product. Please turn that garbage off !

AbeG
Apprentice
Apprentice

Just turn off 4k streaming as its a known issue.  

WTHArlo
Tutor
Tutor

4K is now turned off. Live streaming is working again. Thank you. I hope it’s repaired soon, as the 4K streaming is one of the reasons I purchased this product. Wish all tech companies, including Arlo, would TEST their updates BEFORE they push them out. 

AbeG
Apprentice
Apprentice

NP!  Had you read the first few posts the accepted answer tagged on this thread you would have had your answer even faster.  😃  😃