Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
pizza_slice
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have 2 (out of 3) bars on my Pro 3 camera and I am constantly having issues with the live view. Sometimes it won't connect or when it does connect, there is about 20-30 seconds delay. I can literally walk past my camera, walk down to my basement and see myself walking into the house on my Echo Show.

The camera is about 20 feet from the hub and instead of trying to figure out how to use a wired wifi extender and connect the hub to it, so that it is closer to the camera, will the Pro 4 camera work better? Does the Pro 4 camera work better because it can connect via wifi and not have to rely on being close to the hub?

2 REPLIES 2
dcfox1
Master
Master

If only 20 feet away you should be getting around 3 bars, I have one 70 plus feet that has only 2 but works fine. I get about a 5 second delay on Live view. You may have interference like house construction, Brick, Stone ect or other wifi devices interfering.  Try moving the base as farther away as the cable will allow away from the router, It worked for me when I first set the Pro3's up. Not sure if Wifi with Pro4 would be better if you have interference issues. 

pizza_slice
Aspirant
Aspirant

I remeasured it and it is more like 30 feet and yes there is brick and a garage door between it. I'll see if I can move the hub and/or the camera closer. I was thinking the Pro 4 might be better since it doesn't have to be close to a hub.

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation