Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 6 In Conversation
Peggy_k
Guide
Guide
I am very unhappy to have to pay for a subscription for an Arlo3 add on with a previous Arlo2 hub and cameras! I would of never bought an Arlo3!
5 REPLIES 5
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Did you research the new products or just make an assumption that things would be the same? The need for subscriptions started back a year ago with the Ultra cameras and every subsequent model has followed that model.

michaelkenward
Sensei Sensei
Sensei

One thing has changed since Arlo moved to subscriptions at the beginning of 2019.

The Ultra started the process with a one-year complementary subscription.

The newer Pro 3 cameras reduced that to three months.

Arlo has also changed the subscription regime when it comes to costs and duration.

Just another user
Arlo hardware: Q Plus, Pro 2 (X2), Pro 3 (X3), Pro 3 Floodlight, Security Light (X2), Ultra (X2), Doorbell, Chime
Arlobcs
Star
Star

I agree!  There's nothing on the packaging that indicates it is compulsory to have a subscription.  I have 4 Arlo Pro2 cameras and expected to be able to have the snapshots also with the Arlo Pro3 without a subscription.  Also, a trial subscription demonstrated to me that the Arlo Pro3 software wasn't all that great -- I have an enclosed yard and it would give me a notification that a "vehicle" was observed and when there was movement related to a person, it did not notify me of a "person", but just "motion".  I certainly wouldn't pay $10/mo.

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Arlobcs wrote:

There's nothing on the packaging that indicates it is compulsory to have a subscription. 

You're wrong about that.  My Pro-3 box says "Arlo Smart service, including cloud recording, requires paid subscription after three months".

This is small print (unfortunately), but it is right underneath the "3 Month Trial Subscription" on the side of the box.

dcfox1
Master
Master

Yea it does on my box also  but i knew  that before I bought it . I would not spend  several hundred bucks without research. I just went to arlo's web site i saw it and every review i read said it so i knew i needed it before i bought it. 

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 6 In Conversation