Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Unable to view locally stored videos with Arlo app using Samsung Galaxy S8

Discussion stats
  • 9 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
GinON
Aspirant
Aspirant

Suddenly, for the past 2 weeks, I've been unable to view locally stored videos with my Galaxy S8 phone. Up until then, it has always worked with the Arlo App. If I recall correctly, there was an update for the Arlo app just before this problem started.

When I go to check videos, I get the message "There was an error obtaining your library. Arlo team is working on this issue." and a "Try again" button. Click the button yields the same result.

I have checked my Arlo app settings on my phone and all the settings seem to be correct.

I am able to see the recordings with the app using my Samsung Galaxy Tab 2, so the base unit seems to working properly.

Any suggestions?

9 REPLIES 9
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Have you verified that the direct storage access settings are correct via this article here: https://kb.arlo.com/000062337

GinON
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have just double checked and all the settings are done according to the instructions.

I can not access the recordings with my Galaxy S8 which runs on Android 9. But I am able to access the recordings with my Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 , which runs on Android 11, without any issues, so the recording onto the SD must be working correctly.

The problem with viewing the recordings on my phone seemed to start after an update a few weeks ago. Sorry, I don't recall the exact date of the update. There have been 3 updates since this issue started with viewing local recordings with my phone. Nothing has changed.

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Please reach out to the Support Team to further investigate this issue you are experiencing. You can find several options for contacting support though the Arlo Mobile App by navigating to Settings/System/Support.

GinON
Aspirant
Aspirant

I can't seem to find a link to the Arlo Support Team in the app. There only seems to be a link for the Arlo Community, which, I believe is this part of the website, not the Arlo support team.

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@GinON wrote:

I can't seem to find a link to the Arlo Support Team in the app. There only seems to be a link for the Arlo Community, which, I believe is this part of the website, not the Arlo support team.

Use the app (not my.arlo.com).

In the support area, you should find both chat and phone support.  Phone support requires a subscription, and is available from 6 am to 6 pm US pacific time.

GinON
Aspirant
Aspirant

I purchased a new phone this week.  There seems to be no issue with viewing recordings with this one.

I just having an issue with one of the cameras, but will ask that in a new post.

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hi @GinON 

Can you provide more detail regarding the issue you are experiencing?

GinON
Aspirant
Aspirant

Sorry, I should have replied earlier.

Since the last post, I purchased a new phone, a Samsung Galaxy S23.  After I transferred all my data, apps etc. to the new phone using Samsung Smart Switch. I had even more problems, where the one Arlo Camera would only record for 1 second, then shut off and I couldn't access the recordings for it either. The other camera seemed to work OK. Since this new problem started around the time I bought the new phone, I wondered if something might have gone wrong during the transfer of apps.

So I:

- Uninstalled the Arlo app on my new Galaxy S23.

- Reinstalled the Arlo app and logged in.

- removed the problematic Arlo Camera from my system

- re-installed the camera with the Arlo app

That seemed to solve the issue. Both cameras are now working fine and seem to be working / recording as they should.

So I'm not sure what the issue was with my old Galaxy S8 and the one camera.

Thanks for your help.

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

@GinON Thank you for the update. 

Discussion stats
  • 9 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation