Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Unable to subscribe to Smart Plan

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 3 In Conversation
DavidJohnClark
Initiate
Initiate

Hi. I'm trying to pay Arlo money by subscribing to the Smart Plan $14.99/month, but I have been unable to do so for several weeks.

Please escalate to someone technical who can help, since I have had no luck with the 'Chat' support offered. 

I'm include below a transcript of my communications with the Chat person.

Help!

Thanks

David Clark

Andrea Von C

Hi . Thank you for choosing Arlo.

9:41:30 PM

My name is Andrea. How may I assist you today?

9:41:44 PM
Me

Hi. I am trying to buy a Smart Plan, $14.99/month, but when I try, I get an error on your my.arlo website

9:42:13 PM
Andrea Von C

Can I have the email address linked on your Arlo Account profile?

9:42:30 PM
Me

redacted@gmail.com

9:42:37 PM

The error is 'We are sorry, we are having trouble in Processing this transaction"

9:42:57 PM
Andrea Von C

Please go to your arlo account , go to settings > subscription

9:43:27 PM
Me

For a start, please remove my credit card details from your website, and I shall try re-adding them.

9:43:28 PM

Ok

9:43:45 PM
Andrea Von C

You can buy the subscription using your arlo account

9:43:57 PM
Me

That is what I'm trying to do.

9:44:24 PM

Can I paste an image into this chat session?

9:44:36 PM
Andrea Von C

Sure

9:45:02 PM
Your file has been successfully uploaded to the agent.
Andrea Von C

May i know if you are using the arlo app to subscribe to the plan?

9:46:18 PM
Me

No, I am using the website. But last week I tried using the app, and it failed in the same manner

9:46:38 PM
Andrea Von C

I see.

9:47:30 PM

May i know what browser are you using?

9:48:01 PM
Me

Chrome on Windows 10, all patched and latest versions

9:48:15 PM
Andrea Von C

Please clear the cache and browsing history of your browser

9:48:23 PM
Me

I would prefer not to clear the cache, since then I lose logins etc on other sites. I tried on Edge on this computer also, and it also failed, so I don't think it is browser related

9:49:25 PM

Can you delete my credit card information fully, and I can try again with a different card?

9:49:52 PM
Andrea Von C

I am afraid we are unable to delete the CC information from the arlo account.

9:50:14 PM

Please try to use other browser

9:50:23 PM
Me

ok

9:51:08 PM
Andrea Von C

Thank you

9:51:13 PM
Me

give me a minute...

9:52:40 PM
Andrea Von C

Sure, please take your time

9:52:53 PM
Me

I got the same error

9:59:03 PM

I can upload an image of it if you allow it again

9:59:12 PM

This was in the IE Edge browser

9:59:22 PM
Andrea Von C

I see. Then we need to clear cache from the browser please

9:59:45 PM
Me

I didn't even get to the point of clicking 'Confirm Payment', which is why I think there is something wrong with the data for my account (credit card?) stored on your servers

10:00:07 PM

I will clear cache from this (Edge) browser, ok.

10:00:24 PM
Andrea Von C

Okay

10:00:45 PM
Me

I've cleared the cache and browsing history. I'll login again and try again

10:02:01 PM
Andrea Von C

I see.

10:02:14 PM
Me

I logged back in. This time, I edited my credit card information first, to use a different card. However I get the exact same error.

10:05:40 PM

I am in New Zealand, btw

10:05:52 PM

I didn't even get to the point of clicking 'Confirm Payment', which is why I think there is something wrong with the data for my account (credit card?) stored on your servers

10:06:27 PM
Andrea Von C

i see. Thank you for that information

10:06:57 PM

Please use the chrome browser again and clear the cookies and cache of the browser. Then, kindly close the chrome window and re-open it

10:08:37 PM
Me

As I said, I get the same error when using the App on my phone. It isn't a browser issue.

5 REPLIES 5
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

DavidJohnClark,

Do you already have an active plan or will this be the first plan you've ever had on your account?

JamesC

DavidJohnClark
Initiate
Initiate

Hi JamesC

We have been on a 3 month trial, which is due to expire shortly. So this will be our first active plan.

I must say that the Arlo Pro 3 cameras and system etc works very well. Which is why we are trying to pay for the Smart Plan 🙂

Cheers

Dave

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

DavidJohnClark,

I will reach out to you in a private message to gather more information on this issue.

JamesC

Ññ
Initiate
Initiate

I also have this issue. is not a browser issue. i try on my iPhone and Mac using safari and Firefox. nothing.

I already have a subscription active for arlo pro camera for 2 years now.  But i bought the doorbell video camera 3 months ago and the free trial on that one is about to expire. now i need to choose a plan for that one and i can no manage my existing or add the door bell to my account.

If i log in to the website my.arlo and go to settings there's no Plan tab anymore like it used to. if i go to arlo website and go to smart plans tab and hit Subscribe it logs me out and make me long in to my.arlo and then again there no way to see my current plan or manage it. truly broken.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Ññ,

If you already have an existing plan, your Arlo Video Doorbell will be covered by the existing subscription once the trial expires. If you would like to change your plan, you will need to cancel both your existing subscription and the trial plan and then choose a new subscription plan after the cancellation is complete.

If you're still experiencing issues, please contact the Arlo Support Team to further investigate. You will find several options for contacting support in the provided link.

JamesC

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 3 In Conversation