Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Cloud library vs. local library, some videos missing from could

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
ChrisS9
Follower
Follower

This Saturday I installed a 6 camera Pro 3 in my house. Today was the first real use of it armed.  I am using the 3 month free cloud account and have local storage enabled with "Direct storage access" I have a robot vacuum that starts at 10am. I have cameras in two of the rooms it cleans, the kitchen and the living room. When the vacuum started I got two notifications on the Arlo app that there was motion in the kitchen and two videos in the cloud library, as expected. After that I received no notification and no further videos in the cloud library. However, in the local storage library there are 2 more videos of the kitchen with the vacuum and then another 5 videos of the living room with the vacuum. However, I never received notifications for these and they do not exist in the cloud storage. The vacuum was in the "activity zone" when it was in both rooms.

Any ideas as to what is going on?

2 REPLIES 2
Phoney49
Luminary
Luminary
Join the club. There are many threads on this issue. It was identified more than a month ago, and we are still waiting for a fix. You will find that randomly the Smart system decides your activity is not worthy of notification or storage.
Arlo does not seem to be quick about solving any issue, even serious ones. They are also reluctant to communicate the status of any issue beyond they are 'looking into it' .
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Backend changes have been released to address an issue some users were experiencing the resulted in missing notifications and library recordings. We believe these fixes have addressed the issue, if you're still experiencing this behavior, please contact the Arlo Support Team to further investigate. You will find several options for contacting support in the provided link.

JamesC

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation