Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Unable to connect to Homekit

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
Calbeelok
Aspirant
Aspirant
My base is not discoverable when trying to connect to HomeKit. I was once connected but after some issues I tried to reconnect and cannot.
6 REPLIES 6
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Calbeelok,

Try removing power from your SmartHub, reapply power, allow the SmartHub to come back online and then attempt to set up HomeKit again. Do you still experience the same behavior?

JamesC

oakvilleadvisor
Aspirant
Aspirant

I am having the same problem,  the cameras were not refreshing in home kit so I deleted it and then went to re add,  nothing recognized,  and I did a restart still nothing 

brad

Calbeelok
Aspirant
Aspirant
Same issue, even did a hard resetting the whole thing the problem still there
oakvilleadvisor
Aspirant
Aspirant

So the tech agent I called said to do a reset little did she tell me that in doing that everything has to be reconnected.  So in the event that you have cameras that are outside and only accessed via a ladder this is something that should be when you have time and someone to hold the ladder.  

The hard reset resulted me having to press and hold the pairing buttons on the 6 cameras,  however I am please to report that the cameras were able to pair back to the base station and then I was able to add the Base station back to the home kit. 

One thing that the tech did ask me to do was to arm the system while I was doing the process, not sure if that makes a difference but in my case it work, 

DH6304
Aspirant
Aspirant
I’m having the same issue and have tried everything I can think of. Any suggestions?
oakvilleadvisor
Aspirant
Aspirant

Reset the whole system, that worked for me sad very sad and time consuming hopefully you have one or two cameras and not 6 with some accessible by only a ladder! 

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation