Two types of cameras not recording to hub

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
crzyslydog
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have a WMB4500r2 base that has recorded for more than 2 years to the hub.  I recently bought an Arlo Pro 4 that is mentioned to not need a subscription if it is connected to the hub.  Everything was working fine for quite a few months since getting the Pro 4. 

However, all of a sudden there are 2 cameras that will not record to the Hub.  One is the Pro 3 and the other is the Pro 4.  Altogether, I have 3 cameras (two Pro 3 and one Pro 4).  I have deleted the Pro 4 and re-synced.  I have not deleted the Pro 3 to re-sync. 

After recreating the previous mode that this was working under it fixed it for a short time.  Now only the one camera in my backyard is recording to the hub. 

I've also attempted to record locally with a flash drive and that is not working either.

6 REPLIES 6
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@crzyslydog wrote:

I have a WMB4500r2 base that has recorded for more than 2 years to the hub.  I recently bought an Arlo Pro 4 that is mentioned to not need a subscription if it is connected to the hub.  Everything was working fine for quite a few months since getting the Pro 4. 

Actually both Pro 3 and Pro 4 cameras need a subscription for cloud recordings.

There is a direct access to local storage feature in the VMB4540 and VMB5000 smarthubs, but that is not available in your VMB4500.  It supports recording, but not playback.

crzyslydog
Aspirant
Aspirant

So....  I recreated my custom mode for how I prefer my monitoring.  Both Pro 3 cameras are fine now and can view the video from the app.  However, the Pro 4 is not.  I have also paid for the subscription and still nothing. 

I have deleted the device and synced it back to the hub.  Still nothing being saved or visible for the Pro 4.

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@crzyslydog wrote:

So....  I recreated my custom mode for how I prefer my monitoring.  Both Pro 3 cameras are fine now and can view the video from the app.  However, the Pro 4 is not.  I have also paid for the subscription and still nothing. 

I have deleted the device and synced it back to the hub.  Still nothing being saved or visible for the Pro 4.

Can you make a manual recording while livestreaming the Pro 4?

crzyslydog
Aspirant
Aspirant

@StephenB wrote:

@crzyslydog wrote:

No I cannot.  The circle representing recording option does not exist.  Only sound, Mic, and spotlight.

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@crzyslydog wrote:

@StephenB wrote:

@crzyslydog wrote:

No I cannot.  The circle representing recording option does not exist.  Only sound, Mic, and spotlight.

If the Pro 4 is in a subscription plan, then you can access phone support through the app.

BrookeN
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Please contact support. Within the app on your mobile device click on the silhouette on the top left ~ support center ~ the device that you are needing assistance with then choose the issue.

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation