Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 18 Replies
  • 16 Likes
  • 10 In Conversation
DFH3
Tutor
Tutor

I am trying to log in with a phone that already is setup with Shared access (and has been for months).   After logging in,  when  prompted on the primary account phone - "approve" is selected.   Then when selecting "Trust Device" on the affected phone,  tjhe following message comes in in a red banner at the top: "There was a problem trusting this device"  - please advise. 

Thank you!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

This issue has been resolved. Please authenticate and attempt to trust your new iOS devices again and let us know if you still experience any issues.

Thanks,

JamesC

View solution in original post

18 REPLIES 18
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Check Settings, Profile, Login Settings, Two-step Verification. You may need to remove old/duplicate devices using the Edit tag.

DFH3
Tutor
Tutor

Thank you for the information.   There was no old/duplicate device.  However, when clikcing on Two-Step Verification it is only listing My Device and only one of the other 3 devices that are listed under the "Grant Access" Tab on the mobile device. 

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

I'm not sure whether you're using the primary account to do this or one that was granted access. If the latter, try the former.

DFH3
Tutor
Tutor

Hello,

I have been using the primary account. 

Thank you!

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Dunno. Have you rebooted the phone and reinstalled the app?

DFH3
Tutor
Tutor

I'll Try this - Thank you!

Jh05
Aspirant
Aspirant
Thanx for the advice. But rebooting doesnt work. Is there any aother possibility to solve this problem? I use a new Iphone, removed the old device in the settings. But it is not working with new device and new authority code…

Please help, othetwise the app isnt working.

Thx
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Jh05 wrote:
I use a new Iphone, removed the old device in the settings. But it is not working with new device and new authority code…

Please help, othetwise the app isnt working.

Have you tried the option to not trust the device?  That would at least give you access.

Jh05
Aspirant
Aspirant
Why should this option give access when I press „not trust“?
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Jh05 wrote:
Why should this option give access when I press „not trust“?

Several other posters here have reported that it did give them access.

CCHH
Initiate
Initiate

Wow that absolutely worked for me. I had the same issue as OP has could not get the app to accept the new iPhone as trusted device. Clicking on Dont Trust actually allowed me to get in and all my cameras were available. Thanks!

Jh05
Aspirant
Aspirant
Thanx, this suggestion was very helpful.
cherikcavanaugh
Aspirant
Aspirant

I've been messing around with this for several days. It is sooooo bizarre but your tip actually did work for me. Thanks so much!

Helper101
Initiate
Initiate

Agreed - had the same issue and hit "don't trust" and that seemed to work. 

zkanuck
Initiate
Initiate
Thanks for suggesting this. NOT trusting allows the new device. Sh*t like this makes me hate the Arlo software and brand. It’s so dysfunctional and unintuitive. So many times I’ve come THIS close to selling the kit and switching to another option…
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

The Arlo development team is continuing to investigate these reports. We appreciate your patience while we work to isolate and resolve this issue. I will provide more information as soon as it becomes available.

JamesC

wbcory
Initiate
Initiate

I just bought a new iPhone, and despite my reading numerous articles on how to set up my new phone as a Trusted device I have failed to get it to work.  Each time it tells me Arlo failed to recognize the trusted device.  But like the rest of you, when I clicked "don't trust" it allowed me to get into my account with my new phone and operate as normal.  

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

This issue has been resolved. Please authenticate and attempt to trust your new iOS devices again and let us know if you still experience any issues.

Thanks,

JamesC

Discussion stats
  • 18 Replies
  • 16 Likes
  • 10 In Conversation