Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

TCP and UDP number

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
Martinmen
Aspirant
Aspirant
Can anybody please tell me where i can find the tcp and udp numbers? I called my internet provider to help me open the ports to enable port forwarding.. however, they said i need to get the tcp and udp numbers from arlo. I called arlo and waited for an hour just to let the support staff tell me it’s my internet provider who will give me the said numbers. I rang my internet provider again and insisted that arlo will be the one providing those..
6 REPLIES 6
michaelkenward
Sensei Sensei
Sensei

What are you trying to do?

Set up Direct Storage Access?

What is Direct Storage Access and how do I use it?

Start with your router? What is it?

In my case, it set itself to TCP/UDP protocol. It was a case of picking something from a list of devices.

Just another user
Arlo hardware: Q Plus, Pro 2 (X2), Pro 3 (X3), Pro 3 Floodlight, Security Light (X2), Ultra (X2), Doorbell, Chime
Martinmen
Aspirant
Aspirant
Hi Michael,

Thank you for your reply.. i think i figured it out with the help of my IT friend. The call centre agent from my internet provider does not know what he was doing according to my friend that is why.. My friend directed me where and what to change on my router’s settings and the port forwarding is working finally..
michaelkenward
Sensei Sensei
Sensei

That's good. It shouldn't be that difficult but Arlo's guidance is not great. Even experienced users can have problems.

@Martinmen wrote:

The call centre agent from my internet provider does not know what he was doing according to my friend that is why..

Why does that not surprise me? But to be fair to them there is just too much stuff out there for an ISP to know about everything.

Just another user
Arlo hardware: Q Plus, Pro 2 (X2), Pro 3 (X3), Pro 3 Floodlight, Security Light (X2), Ultra (X2), Doorbell, Chime
Martinmen
Aspirant
Aspirant
Yeah, i agree Michael.. But they kept asking me about the TCP and UDP number which i did not need when i did it myself.. And i agree that arlo should make their instructions clearer as well because not everyone can understand the computer language..
mattgrey
Aspirant
Aspirant

Could you share the solution you used to fix yours? I've been having a hell of a time trying to fix a heavy pixelation issue with my Arlo baby for local viewing on the UDP protocol. Remote viewing using TCP is completely fine, but local viewing is next to impossible most of the time, and it drops the connection from time to time. I'm using a netgear orbi ax4200 as my router with a satellite in the same room as the baby monitor. No issues on range...

Martinmen
Aspirant
Aspirant
Hi Matt,

I have no problem with my local viewing so i did not touch anything on the UDP setting sorry.
Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation