Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 2 In Conversation
KIMA22
Initiate
Initiate

Hi,

Good ideas on how to get in contact with someone who works with the support function in Europe/Denmark?

I have tried several times to call support but no-one answers.

9/11: Terminated calls after being on hold for 10 minutes every time due to technical issues

10/11: After 30 min I finally got through to an expert but since I couldn't provide him with the serial number on the battery then he couldn't start the replacement process

11/11: Been on hold 1,5 hours from 10 to 11.30. I terminated the call. tried to call again at 12.30 and as I write this I have been on hold for 1,5 hours again.

It's a 0 from me in the NPS score. Really bad customer care. Non-existing.

/Kim

3 REPLIES 3
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

KIMA22,

What issue are you experiencing? We may be able to provide assistance here on the community.

JamesC

KIMA22
Initiate
Initiate

Hi James.

I have a battery issue. It's not working an I need a replacement (warranty).

Bought two Arlo 3 cameras in mid June. Could see that one of the batteries was drained very fast. Created a ticket regarding this in August and was promised that someone from local support would contact me. Nothing happened.

The battery has although been working until beginning of last week and now it can only function when power cable is connected.

So since it's new a camera I have then requested to get a new one free of charge. I have used the chat function a couple of times but they can only support US don't know if it's due to GDPR or system related but the y can only refer to the Danish phone number.

Then we have the reason for this post. When calling no-one is answering. As mentioned I succeeded getting connection yesterday just to experience that I need to provide some information that is not relevant in order to proceed fixing my problem. It's very easy to see when the cameras was installed so that they could see it's not an old system/camera. 

Anyway today I have called twice. First time I was on hold for 1,5 hours and second time for 2 hours before I hung up.

I have also experienced on the chat that one of the players in support chat closed the chat before I did despite I thought we were still having a conversation regarding how I got contact to someone who could help. This was a one-time experience the others has been doing their job but couldn't help since I was located in Denmark

So bad customer care experience and in the long run it's not profitable either because since I didn't got a first call resolution I'll have to contact support again and it cost money at least it would cost money if they picked up the phone.

And as mentioned I will never recommend Arlo products to others due to this. I'll say if there is a similar product I would go for this.

If you know someone who works with support function within Arlo feel free to share above input or if you can help it would be much appreciated.

/Kim

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

KIMA22,

Thank you for the details. I apologize for the poor experience to this point regarding your support case. I have escalated your open tickets along with this additional information and requested a status update. An agent should be reaching out to you with more information as soon as possible.

JamesC

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 2 In Conversation