SmartHub not saving clips

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
steve_straus
Aspirant
Aspirant

After reading other people's issues with the same problem I can't find a solution to getting the clips to be saved to my hub via a USB drive. I have the newest version of the APP with "Feed" in the bottom tray (only for cloud clips) so I understand the clips stored locally would be accessible only under SmartHub —> Storage Settings —> Local Storage Settings. View Recordings is turned on so they should be stored on my USB drive and I have plenty of storage.  

IMG_EF1F633B5BE1-1.jpeg

The USB stick seems to be working as I was successful in reformating it via the red button. Do I simply need to discard everything in the app and start again by first adding the hub and then my cameras?

4 REPLIES 4
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@steve_straus wrote:

I understand the clips stored locally would be accessible only under SmartHub —> Storage Settings —> Local Storage Settings.

Actually just SmartHub —> Storage Settings.

How big is the USB drive?  Have you tried ejecting the storage from the app, and then connect it to a PC?  Then see if you can find recordings there.

Also, are you getting notifications?  Is it possible that the system isn't armed?

steve_straus
Aspirant
Aspirant

The USB drive is 32gb and yes, they are recording to the drive which I can see when I eject it and plug into my PC. 

It seems to be an app issue that I can't see anything on my phone. When I refresh the Storage Settings page, I can see the refresh spinning icon but nothing ever appears for review:

IMG_86055D7AC097-1.jpeg

I'm getting notifications, the clips are being stored on my USB drive, but nothing appears in the App. 

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

What phone and OS version? Have you tried rebooting the phone and reinstalling the app? Does rebooting the hub make a difference? Are you using a VPN?

steve_straus
Aspirant
Aspirant

I'm on an iphone 14 with the latest software. I haven't tried to reinstall the app but I'll give it a try. I've restarted the hub multiple times as well as reinstalling the cameras and USB stick. Nope, no VPN. Hopefully an app reinstall will fix it. 

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation