Guide
Guide

still no help from Arlo….  

dumb arse cameres pro 3/4. Defulting to “ premium feature”

when it suits !  
door bell as well. 

do not buy !

do not buy !

i have now had items stolen from my property due to the Stupid ARLO cameras defaulting to its “ premium feature “. When there is no premium feature” 

the cameras just have to do one thing !    Failed !   

i cannot trust them its clear my family is not protected !

arlo have done nothing ! 

do not touch !  

no support ! 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Cam1abc
Guide
Guide

Idiot.

i had them all recording locally!

some still do but others show whats below and it disables local recording.   They have already closed one complaint M8.  Hence your only seeing part of the story. 

i have no time to waste on this **bleep** product that they clearly do not support. 

IMG_9258.png

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Cam1abc wrote:

ARLO cameras defaulting to its “ premium feature “. When there is no premium feature” 

Cloud recording requires a subscription (either trial or paid).  Have you checked the subscription status?

If you use direct access to local storage and recently switched to the "Feed" interface, then you won't find the local recordings in "Feed".  Instead you

1. go to the devices page
  2. select the base
  3. select "storage settings".
Cam1abc
Guide
Guide

I have done all that and more !

i am no child m8.  They have a big issue!   Cross linking web sites. Auto linking Premium features !    All disabled !  Yet here we are!   Its their software !      Not once have they helped and now my property is unprotected , i cannot trust them.  

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Cam1abc wrote:

I have done all that and more !

Maybe take a breath...

Do you have a subscription?

Cam1abc
Guide
Guide

Errr gee how many times do i need to say it!

NO there is NO subscription !

it all tells me there is no Subscription !  

2 times i found and deleted their auto subscriptions !  As it kept coming back ! 
i can delete all cameras.  Go through re linking, adding to local record only to find a hour, a day, couple days as it defaults to their premium crap every time.  Pro 3 and 4. 

there is multi website logins ! 
this is not a one off case.  Others just dump/sell them. 

they are making their used cameras worth zero so not smart to buy. 

i am not joking i have had items stolen from my place over the last 2 weeks.  Cameras failed  to local record. 
zero online. As it shows i have no subscription.  Its the cameras firmware !   

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Cam1abc wrote:

Errr gee how many times do i need to say it!

NO there is NO subscription !

Re-read your posts.  You didn't say it (at least not clearly).

Cloud recordings require an Arlo Secure subscription.  The box says that (although it is in much finer print than I'd like). So if you managed to cancel the trial for the cameras, then you will not get any cloud recordings.  And the app will tell you that cloud recordings are a premium (e.g. subscription) feature when you go to look at them.  Activity zones and smart notifications (classified as person, package, etc) are also subscription features.

Since you have no subscription:  There is a direct access to local storage feature that some use instead of a subscription.  I am thinking that you either have not set that up or that it is not working correctly.  Some relevant questions:

• What base model do you have?  Look for a VMBxxxx label on it.  The VMB4540 and VMB5000 smarthubs support the feature.
  • Have you installed local storage in the base (at least 16 GB, ideally 128-512 GB)?
  • Do you see "Feed" and "Dashboard" in the app?  Or do you see "Library" instead?
  • Are you using an iPhone?  Or are you using Android?
Cam1abc
Guide
Guide

Idiot.

some still do but others show whats below and it disables local recording.   They have already closed one complaint M8.  Hence your only seeing part of the story. 

i have no time to waste on this **bleep** product that they clearly do not support. 

IMG_9258.png

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Cam1abc wrote:

some still do but others show whats below and it disables local recording.   

All  cameras connected to the smarthub should be saving local recordings.  That definitely does not require a subscription.

It looks to me like you are selecting the camera in the dashboard or the devices page.  Is that case? 

If you see "Feed" and "Dashboard", then you need to use the navigation instructions I posted earlier.  Select the smarthub on the devices screen, and then select "storage settings".  You should then see this screen:

IMG_1875.PNG

No camera image or name of the camera at the top.

It's different if you see "Library", which is why I asked what you see in the app.

Discussion stats
  • 7 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation