Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Smart Hub Storage status: Format required - No Option appears to format. USB works fine in Computer

Discussion stats
  • 7 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
Arlopatriot
Aspirant
Aspirant

Have  VMB4540r3 Smart base w/ FW: 1.19.0.3_1172_68a8e53.

Few days ago system stopped recording locally.  When I went to Local storage - the storage status says : Format Required in yellow.  When I tap into storage status.

Local storage status & Available storage both appear w/ just a dash next to them and no "Format USB Drive" option appears.

When I take out the drive, the smart drive says the drive was not properly ejected.

Yet when I plug the drive into my macbook or PC, the videos appear fine.  

Whats going on here?  How can I get this to work again?

7 REPLIES 7
Dannybear
Master
Master

What percentage is used on the USB storage device, if it is 80% the base will not add more recordings unless it is set to auto overwrite. It normally would send a notification to you though.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Did you try rebooting the hub?

Arlopatriot
Aspirant
Aspirant

about 70 GB or 3.5% of the capacity.

Arlopatriot
Aspirant
Aspirant

Yeah several times.  

Even removed all my devices to try and reset it.  Since then My wired doorbell hasn't been working :(.  Keep getting amber.  been fiddling w/ that for the past few days....

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hi,

Are you still experiencing this issue? 

Arlopatriot
Aspirant
Aspirant

Yes I can't figure out how to fix this.

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Please reach out to the Support Team to further investigate this issue you are experiencing. You can find several options for contacting support though the Arlo Mobile App by navigating to Settings/System/Support.

Discussion stats
  • 7 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation