Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Slow Wifi (Satellite Internet)

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
TimStewart
Follower
Follower

Anybody have any tips using the Arlo Cameras with Satellite Internet? I live in a rural area and it is my only option for internet service. Just been trying to figure out what is affected with the internet speed. Obviously the live viewing is on around a 5 minute delay for relay time, which I guess is understandable. Also when I set up the cameras to trigger each other there is also about a 5 minute delay to send the signal - so was hoping to utilize that feature since the motion sensor range is only about 20' but looking like that won't work... Any pro tips for using these cameras with limited wifi? Thanks - Tim

1 REPLY 1
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

It's the upload speed that's the issue. Use speedtest.net to check what you actually have. The Pro 3 likely needs ~2Mbps for recording/live viewing although you can use a lower resolution (Video Settings, Power Management) to minimize bandwidth usage. If you have limited upload speeds, you may need to reserve a couple hundred kilobits of upload bandwidth using the router's quality of service (QoS) settings.

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation