Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
debkav
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi!   

My Pro 3 is VMS4440P

The base has been blinking blue/amber alternately for weeks!

The cameras say offline sometimes, but sometimes they work just fine. 

According to one of the troubleshooting articles, it could be a firmware update, but how long does does that  take?!?!  Weeks???

What gives?  Any idea on how to fix this so that my cameras are online and working as they are supposed to?

ORRRR:::  Any idea on how to talk to a real person instead of the virtual assistant?  

Thank you! 

4 REPLIES 4
Dannybear
Master
Master

What model number is the base station, look under for the VMB number.

Sounds like it is stuck doing an update.

If you have a subscription plan you can access arlo customer support via the arlo app settings support page.

Have you tried power cycling the power on the base station?

debkav
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi!  Thanks for the reply!

VMB4540.

The only customer support I could find is Virtual Assistant (no help) and this Community page.  No phone number to speak to an actual human.  

I have not yet tried power cycling.

Dannybear
Master
Master

You will not have any other support options unless you have a camera on a subscription or it is still within the trial period.

Not sure how you get on if it is still in warranty.

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@debkav wrote:

The only customer support I could find is Virtual Assistant (no help) and this Community page.  No phone number to speak to an actual human.  

If you have a subscription, then select support in the app (not my.arlo.com).  Then select a camera in the subscription plan, and scroll down to "contact".  You should see a phone icon there - select it for phone support.

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation