Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Search how to Stop my Arlo Pro 3 from reporting a Parked Car?

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
JohnBtock0707
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have 6 Arlo Cameras! A Wire Free Essential Wireless Doorbell Camera, 2 Arlo Pro 3 FloodLight Cameras, and 3 Arlo Pro 3 Cameras! They are all Connected to my 4540 Hub! But for some reason this one Arlo Pro 3 Keep Reporting a Vehicle and I pill up the Footage and it's a parked Car that hasn't moved in Days! I have Tried Resetting the Camera, I have changed it from Wide Angle to Standard Angle View! I have decreased the Sensitivity level down to 75% and I have also pulled the Activity Zone inwards to not See the Car! What should I try to fix this! 

3 REPLIES 3
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@JohnBtock0707 wrote:

But for some reason this one Arlo Pro 3 Keep Reporting a Vehicle and I pill up the Footage and it's a parked Car that hasn't moved in Days! 

It's likely detecting some other motion, but the Arlo Cloud is finding the (not moving) vehicle in the scene, so is tagging the video as vehicle.

Try disabling Vehicle notifications, and see if some other tag (perhaps all other motion) is applied.

JohnBtock0707
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thank you for your Reply! I will try to do that! I actually took the Vehicle our of the Activity Zone and it still reported a Vehicle every few Minutes! And two other Cameras see that Same Parked Vehicle but do not report it because it's been setting there for days! 

JohnBtock0707
Aspirant
Aspirant

I did what you advised and Recommended for me to try as far as Taking the Vehicle Notification out and other changes as well out of the Smart Notifications for Alerts!  I closed in the Activity Zones, lowered the Sensativity levels, But this Arlo Pro 3 Camera is Still sending Notifications that it Spotted a Vehicle! I actually just saw that it showed 103 Notifications with 95% being a Parked Vehicle! Its My Car now because I moved the other Car my Nephews Car Completely out of its Sight! So now is Reporting my Parked Car! Is there anything else I could try to do to Salvage This Pro 3 Cam! It's one of my Newer ones to!  Its a H-10 Model! I hate to Discard this Arlo Pro Cam 3 and Replace it with a new one! I have Reset the Camera several Times and Deleted the Camera from my Arlo App! And Set it up all over again! I have had 6 Cameras for a few years now so feel like I have some Basic Troubleshooting Skills with these Arlos I like to think so anyways! I don't know if this could be the problem but when I Play the Cloud Video I can hear the Car Going by fron the Doppler Effect as it approaches then passes ny the House! You can hear the Car in the Videos but can't see the Vehicle because I tilted the Camera downward more to stay out of the Roads View! And also the Battery Runs down from a Full Charge in like one or 2 days! I think the Light comes on and Burns a lot more than it should be! It probably comes on at every Alert! I do not have other Motions  in the Notifications! I guess  the Battery could be bad! I will try Swapping it out with another Camera before I purchase a new Battery! I am getting ready to Throw the Towel in on this one and give up! Is there anything else I should Try! I will try Moving the Camera by Swapping it's location out with another one! Thank You! 

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation