Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Email invalid

Discussion stats
  • 8 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
barbaraw
Aspirant
Aspirant

I tried to change my email in my acct, but entered an invalid email address.  Now I can't access my account because I have no email address.  What do I do?

8 REPLIES 8
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

barbaraw,

You should still be able to log in to the account if you know the password. You can then change the email address using these instructions: https://kb.arlo.com/4118/How-can-I-change-my-Arlo-email-address

JamesC

barbaraw
Aspirant
Aspirant

I do know my password.  But I couldn't log in when I left the email address blank.  So I then entered the invalid email which I don't have access to; it was accepted but sent a verification to the wrong email that I can't verify.  What do I do?

barbaraw
Aspirant
Aspirant

I still can not access my account.  I have an invalid email; and my password doesn't work without an email.  What do I do?

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

If you know the password associated with the email (the invalid email address that you don't have access to), you should still be able to access the account.

When the verification request happens, click "Try another verification method" and try using SMS.

JamesC

barbaraw
Aspirant
Aspirant

The app does not give me that option.  I want to cancel my automatic monthly payments.  How do I do that when I can't get into my account?

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@barbaraw wrote:

The app does not give me that option. 

Have you tried my.arlo.com on a PC?

Though it is possible that you never enabled SMS as a verification method.

barbaraw
Aspirant
Aspirant

I did receive and enter the SMS code; but after it accepts the code, the site then sends a confirmation email to the invalid account that I can't access.  So I still can't get into my account.  How do I cancel my recurring monthly payments? I can't use my cameras.

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@barbaraw wrote:

I did receive and enter the SMS code; but after it accepts the code, the site then sends a confirmation email to the invalid account that I can't access.  So I still can't get into my account.  How do I cancel my recurring monthly payments? I can't use my cameras.

Perhaps one of the mods ( @JamesC and @ShayneS )  can create a support request for you.

If the username portion of the email is wrong (instead of stuff after the @) then you might be able to create an email account with your email provider that matches the (incorrect) address.  Then you could get past the log in issue, and correct the mistake in the address.

Discussion stats
  • 8 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation