Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Scrambled signal

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 1 Like
  • 2 In Conversation
Tamper
Follower
Follower
I am a single mother divorced two years. I bought the cameras to keep my ex off my property and out of my rental house. On several occasions he has used a scrambling device to turn off the camera. I saw him exit the vehicle with something in his hand when he came to pick up the children and the camera stopped working. It began to work again when he left. I expressed concern to a Arlo and they told me to take a camera from the inside and put it to the outside and see if that worked. Recently that camera was disconnected from the base somehow and turned itself back on a few days later. It is concerning to me because several things are missing from inside my home, I have found a pair of scissors between my box spring and mattress, and a list of things I wanted for my life went missing and turned up ripped to shreds under my mattress pad. If he is able to turn off my cameras I am not safe. What can be done to protect me? He is a computer engineer.. he knows how to get around systems. Can you please have your team figure out a way to make this secure! I do not have enough evidence for an order of protection.. I was hoping that if he came into the property I would have proof.. the cameras are useless unless they protect!
1 REPLY 1
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

It may be possible to interrupt the wifi signal... but not common.

After changing the locks on your place, I would do one of two things

1) get a few covert camera/recorders... ( like clock radios, etc )

https://www.amazon.com/Best-Sellers-Camera-Photo-Hidden-Cameras/zgbs/photo/12909791

2) wired system that can not be blocked

once you have any pictures, then you can get an order of protection

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 1 Like
  • 2 In Conversation