Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 5 In Conversation
ThePickle
Tutor
Tutor

I posted this in another recent topic regarding the cameras not working properly (motion detection not working, CVR footage not available in time line, not recording motion, 20-30 minute lag in notifications, etc.), but decided to make a post specifically referencing this error, in the hope that others are receiving it as well,  and that the issue is on Arlo's side instead of mine. 

The cameras are all new within the last two weeks and worked perfectly (notifications, CVR timeline, motion activated light, etc.) up until just after 12am on 5/18. I've reset the basestation, turned on/off each camera through the app, pulled the batteries from each to do hard resets, and the issue hasn't been resolved. The cameras are each powered with official Arlo outdoor power cables, I've experienced no other network issues, and my other smart home devices (including wifi cameras of another brand) have experienced zero issues. 

S/N partially covered

IMG_0304.jpg

6 REPLIES 6
michaelkenward
Sensei Sensei
Sensei

Where does https://myapi.arlo.com/ come into the picture?

That's not an Arlo address:

That's my.arlo.com

Just another user
Arlo hardware: Q Plus, Pro 2 (X2), Pro 3 (X3), Pro 3 Floodlight, Security Light (X2), Ultra (X2), Doorbell, Chime
Chantal2020
Aspirant
Aspirant
I have that same issue with the timeline not being able to be viewed the whole day. I had this problem on one camera and I switched it. Immediately it went onto the other camera i have. I got tired of being on hold and I was able to view the timeline after clicking on another date then scrolling to the current date but now it wont even do that. Ive tried unsubscribing /resubsrcibing (charged twice btw) restarting hub, restarting midem, turn off and on, remove battery etc etc ive done it all. This is an internal issue. WTF????
Brookequick
Aspirant
Aspirant

I’ve been having the exact same issue! Cameras are barely 2 weeks old and I’m absolutely fed up- If it’s not one thing, it’s another! Every time I need to access the app or online platform the cameras conveniently go ‘offline’ (taking ages to come back online). Both the cameras and smarthub are always powered on and connected to wifi so there is absolutely no reason for this (I’ve done all the resets, battery’s ect ect.....many, many times). 2 days ago something did happen when I needed the evidence the most. Conveniently, my CVR subscription and cameras failed to record over 24 hours of recordings (Funny though, there are several short clips recorded when motions were detected), leaving me wondering why I bothered to spend so much money on something that’s been more trouble than it’s worth, (and much more stressful than the reason I purchased them for). I have over 24 hours of ‘missing’ recordings (tried from multiple devices and computers, and from different places) And accessing the timeline is near impossible-the timeline barely works and always flicks back to ‘live’ or won’t load and times out. If anyone has any way of resolving these issues PLEASE tell me before i return the whole lot to the store for a more reliable system & service!  I’ve tried absolutely everything!! 

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Is this issue still occurring? Is it happening on both the web and mobile apps?

JamesC

Brookequick
Aspirant
Aspirant

James, yes! I’m having further bigger  issues. Can not get a response from support despite responding to my case. And cannot get an answer to phone calls. Now I  have the NBN which I had installed specifically to increase bandwidth (in case that was an issue with the big gaps in my CVR. Now, my timelines are absolutely shocking (2x CVR subscriptions)

! I’ve reset, re synced all cameras...this issue needs to be resolved ASAP. all cameras are within good bandwidth signal and have no interference. The internet itself is up to speed and should have absolutely no difficulty in uploading the CVR.  see photo attached. It is imperative that these cameras provide peace of mind in a dire situation! 

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Brookequick,

I've escalated your open support ticket on this issue and requested a status update. An agent should be reaching out to you with more information as soon as possible.

JamesC

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 5 In Conversation